Red Bud Grass track race and XR 80 race

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
This weekend Oct. 16th. Check their website for details but I've always had a good time. Ride the pro track on Sat. practice. Race the Grass track on Sunday. XR 80 race at intermission. In the past Jeff Stanton was a regular in the single shock and twin shock class. Derrick Rose and plenty of local fast guys show up. Run what you brung, it get's wild. We have been there many years in a row and the weather seems to always cooperate that weekend for a fun Fall weekend. Also they run classes for practice on Sat. They run a tight ship so safe and fun. Hope to see you there with the NE Ohio guys.

Race Report

Just got home from Red Bud and it was a fun weekend. We had about twenty in our group representing NE Ohio. Weather was sketchy with high winds and even a hail storm Friday night, but then cleared off for a really nice evening around the camp fire. Sat. Was sunny and breezy for practice on the big track. That evening kids treat or treated around the pits with several activities for the kids. Sunday morning it rained for several hours but the sun came out and made it a nice Fall day. They scraped the mini track for the annual XR races. Twin shock went first, with about 11 riders, several local fast guys. Then the single shock race was on. full gate. 25 riders. Larry Witmer was commentating and read off all the fast local guys and past champions. At the gate, Jim Benko timed it perfect and hole shotted only to get called for jumping the gate. They brought them back for another start with JB starting backwards for punishment. But the restart was won by Dave Hughes, Ohio's own fast guy. I think it was Wagner who got by Dave with a much faster machine but it broke on the last lap handing the win to Dave. It was also his birthday. Very nice trophies and gift bags topped off the win. I think it was a fun event that I will go to again next year. Also Shane Reisinger went 1-1 in his motos. Clinton Shaffer won a couple motos but went down in a couple too.

I know this is old news but just saw a video on the grass track race on Racerxonline.com. Lot's of fun. I also forgot to mention Mike Reisinger's 5th place finish in the XR race, nice ride Mike. Daniel Loub finished 3rd in a stacked field in 125.

Back