Jason 145 Hurt

Scotty810

PR Addict
It was briefly mentioned in another thread, but Jason took a pretty good beating this weekend. I don't know all the details, but here is a quick run down on what I got from him.

- Fractured neck
- Fractured ribs
- Fractured scapulia
- He had surgery Monday to repair neck damage
- He is lucky and is NOT paralyzed, but sounds like he was mighty close
- He was hit in mid air (racing at COCR I believe?) and then got run over by 2 bikes
- His doctor said if he hadn't been wearing a neck brace, it could have been fatal (fractures to C6 and C7)

This was information relayed to me from Jason. If I messed any of it up, I apologize. But sounds like he could use some prayers for a full recovery from us!

I am personally sorry for his injuries. Know that someone hit him mid air says it wasn't really the jump just C riders. What we intend to do is add some length back in our start so this doesn't happen again. Sorry Jason, Good you had a neck brace on. Get well soon bro.

I don't think he really wanted any of this info out here but since its already there....Jason is a good friend of mine and I too was also involved in the crash. He said he had to back off a little at last minute since someone else didn't jump. He then bounced and when in the air again is when anothe rider hit him. I seen all this happening as I was right behind him mid air and nothing I could do. Thought was going to avoid but he fell right in front of me and hit him in the back. I ended up over the bars myself and luckily didn't get ran over. Just some bumps and bruises. Was a nasty crash for sure and could have been much worse. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Its cool Scott, i was trying to keep this low key until i could tell my boss (rather me tell him vs. reading it) thanks for all the get wells and prayers

Don't know ya, but sounds like some pretty nasty battle scars for sure. Info from another rider last year, says you really gotta hit hard to brake the scapula, aside from the obvious list. As bad as it sounds seems to me like you were lucky. Prayers, Hope you heal well and soon...

Dude are you really going to start that here ? That is just uncalled for. Simply wish Jason a good quick recovery and be thankful he isnt injured worse.

Best wishes in your recovery Jason !

YES i was wearing my evs neck brace, the way i went down and other circumstances it saved c5 from being fractured which from my understanding would have made it a fatal crash! I am very fortunate to be here and thank all of you who took time to wish me well, i still plan on hanging out @ the tracks but def done riding, since theres a plate n screws holding C5-C7 together

the way i went down and other circumstances it saved c5 from being fractured which from my understanding would have made it a fatal crash!

I am very fortunate to be here and thank all of you who took time to wish me well, i still plan on hanging out @ the tracks but def done riding, since theres a plate n screws holding C5-C7 together

Don't like hearing that, but wise decision.
This is no way to have something we all love to do (riding and racing) taken away from you.

I was supposed to be in that moto, 30+ B. (2nd race of the day).
My clutch cable broke as I pulled into staging area. Had to push my bike back to truck and scramble to scrounge up another. "Thank You OMS!"

When we saw the commotion at the step up, my wife said "maybe it was a good thing you missed that moto"?

Sorry to hear about this. Hope you heal up OK.

Back