Chillitown MX

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to all the riders that helped make this past weekend at Chillitown MX a huge success. The turn out was great with well over 200 entries each day. The track turned out to be our best conditions yet with multiple lines through every corner.
<O:p</O:p
The racing was some of the best I’ve seen all year long in D11. Gibson, Rife, Skaggs, Willard, Massie, and Brown among others put on one heck of a show. We even treated the spectators to a Chillitown version of “dash for cash” where the pro riders raced the track backwards in a three lap shootout. Shawn Rife won that event which paid out over $750 (thanks to our sponsors and spectators for such a big pot of money).

Every one enjoyed the hay rides, bon fire, pumpkin decorating contest, and costume contest. The kids seemed to really like the pit to pit trick or treat as well. Overall the weekend went great and we couldn’t have asked for better fall weather.

Next year will hopefully bring new ideas and an even better facility to give you, the racer, what you deserve. Chillitown will stay committed to giving back to the racers and there families that work hard to make it to the races week in and week out.

We hope to be announcing the date for our Valero Championship Series Banquet soon so watch our website for details.

We would love to hear from you as to what everyone thought of Chillitown MX this year. We love the positive comment but we want the negative too, so please let us know.

Thanks again for an awesome first season to Chillitown MX!

Thanks for a fun 3 day weekend had a great time and look foward to the banquet. You guys did a great job all year didn't like the track changes this time the one corner after the down hill double didnt work well when racing. But you don't know till you try it just keep up the good work and we will be down next year.

We will keep mixing it up and looking for what works best. Thanks for coming and thanks for the comment! Was it the flow of the corner or the way we had the off camber inside that had the 2 foot rut in it? I saw several kids go down in that corner trying to navigate that rut but if you went outside it was a little slower. What do you think would have worked better there?

This was our first time at the track....motos were ran smooth...facilities were great...track was good...We will be back for sure!

Top notch facility. I thought the track layout really promotes good racing. Will definitely be back.

Our first time down as well, great track, fantastic facility, you got some of the best dirt around! We were just down for Sunday.
We'll be back for some races next year. Would like to see some of the banners not so close in the tight corners. One snagged my front brake lever and pulled me down LOL. I know, what are the odds, it's all good though.

Yeah, sorry about the banners and straw bales. We have a fix for that next year. My son hooked a straw bale with his radiator shroud and just about tore it off. What does everyone think of the set race schedule on the Saturdays. Is that something that everybody liked or is the random race order the way to go?

I like the set schedule for sure. I would run both groups of quads in the same session just so you can combine the gates. Seems like maybe a little more even split with kids/quads in the AM and then big bikes in the PM would work also, but yeah that was cool.

When we designed the race schedule for Saturday we were trying to appeal to the spectators that didn't want to sit all day and watch class after class to see the pros race. The idea was to create a schedule that had a little bit of everything for the crowd to see. If you look at the "evening program" it has little bikes up through the pros and quads. We would like to keep this schedule and possibly run the "evening program" under the lights.

We have several plans for next year that will bring in more spectators which in turn will enable us to give the riders more.

that corner in all the rut was fine but everybody had to use it because going outside didnt work. but like i said happy you guys try new things

I have to disagree with you stump. Both my son and myself made several passes in that corner this weekend. Had to come out of the berm early and come up the inside of the main rut. We had a great time. It was our second trip down to race with you guys and just like the first time down we were again impressed the second. Thanks for the time and dedication you guys obviously put into your facility. Jason Rogers

First time there, awsome facility. Its nice to see a track that cuts the grass in the pits! The track has some great dirt, I have heard rumors that you may be getting a few more acres to expand the track and make longer lap times! The finish line jump could use a little more vert in the face to help get over it smooth. Will be back next year.

Back