BC 10-29 & 10-30 Huntington Trick or Ride

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Open this Saturday and Sunday for what looks like possibly a last ride, based upon this weather pattern. Mother nature hasnt slammed the door yet, but it looks close. Saturday 11-5:00, $20 per rider. Sunday is Trick or Ride sponsored by Huntington Bank, normal open practice day people, dont freak out, all tracks open. We will have plenty of candy at the gate for the kids, or adults that wanna be kids, every 20th sign in/entry is free, so its all about luck and timing, just like racing. Costumes are welcome, just no long dangling clothing that can get caught in the chain or sprockets please.

I am really hoping to make it sunday, I have only made the trip down once this year ! Darn broken arms !

The C track and the kids tracks are good, they look like its still october. The big track has bunch of soft spots, it looks like late November. Some of it is tacky and soft, some mud, some sun today would have helped. You can get around most of it, its just not going to be a perfect day for the big track. We are supposed to get frost in the morning so that will make it greasy early. Its that time of year. I would say if you cant handle some tacky mud, I'd hit up an indoor, or ride the C track.

You should consider getting some jet dryers, they had like 8 in Martinsville drying the track for nascar practice today.

I have a tarp and dome ordered, all on backorder due to a slow economy. The combo of nearly 3" of rain in the last two weeks combined with 40-50° temps in the last couple days, and quite a bit of rain wed-thurs has definitely changed the ground. Its more like the end of november on the big track anyway. The c track just refuses to change.

Open today at 11:00.

Unless the weather improves, this is the last weekend. Way too much dozer time yesterday. We will cut our losses say adios to 2011.

There were many o' piles of dirt/mud aside the track last night. Big track runs a few inches closer to sea level now in spots. ;) Track will be better than you expect and I would guess improve with traffic. JO was working in the dark when I left....

Will just give us more time to get the equipment, etc. ready for 2012 eh? Of course, this coming from someone whose thug threw a piston in July and he has refused to fix it... Weather looks as if it could go either way: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Nashport+OH+43830

quick question Jo, do spectators get charged $20 also? if i can bum a ride with a buddy might be up to watch some dirt scoot and get me off the couch for a few on sunday

quick question Jo, do spectators get charged $20 also? if i can bum a ride with a buddy might be up to watch some dirt scoot and get me off the couch for a few on sunday

As 23 said, no charge for spectators.

Little update: C track is perfect. Big track is still pretty soft, but the sun is shining. Gonzo is getting around on the big track, aboard his 125, jumping most of everything, his bike looks clean. Plus, nobody is here, get loaded up.

Woke up this morning still suffering from whatever Silvers and I caught up at Baja last weekend. Will try for Sunday if I can actually function.

Woke up this morning still suffering from whatever Silvers and I caught up at Baja last weekend. Will try for Sunday if I can actually function.

Come on down Pit. We're going to try and get Michelle out there for a couple comeback laps before winter.

Back