Track critique, what do you think...?

webbmx7

PR Member
Being a big part of a local practice facility, I decided to start a new thread. Within this thread tell us about your local track(s), what you love, and what you think they can improve upon.

I intend to gain knowledge of things that can be improved upon, what people like, and things of that nature in regards to the track that I work for. Try to stick to constructive criticism when stating what you think can be improved upon, instead of saying something sucks balls or whatever.

Going off the past few tracks I rode, here is what I think.

Briarcliff Mx- I like the location of the track, the layout, the flow to a certain degree, and the fact that there are multiple tracks splitting up the riders. I could ride there all day and have fun with friends. The only areas I see for improvement could be utilizing flaggers on some of the blind jumps on the a/b track, and possibly splitting up the little guys and c riders on the c track. That was the only thing that really scared me was watching a whiskey throttle c rider take out a 65 rider for no real reason. Overall great place, and I would like to go back.

Dayton Motorcycle Club- This track is in my back yard pretty much, fun, and safe for the majority of riders. The long turning whoop section is an absolute blast as well. Where I believe that the track falls short is with track prep. This could be to a lack of equipment, help, time, etc, but I believe with things such as a better watering system, this track could be ten times better. Its the little things that count, especially when so many tracks are closing down.

Treaty City Motorcycle Club- Another great established local track. Lap times are on the shorter end of the spectrum, fun layout, and the crew there is always trying to change things up to make it interesting (sand whoops, rhythm section, etc). I like riding there and wish they would pursue the open practice market a little more.

Pusheta Creek Mx- One of my favorite tracks, I like how fast it is, anybody can ride it, and yet fast guys are still challenged to a certain degree. It is a motocross so there arent any big rhythm sections or huge triples, but there is still a big 100"+ table to single that shoots you pretty good. Track prep is always done twice a practice religiously, worked and watered, and really seems to a great facility that is always improving. An area of interest I think could improve the track, would be to hold a race or two. The idea is in the works from my understanding, and I am anxious to see how it turns out.

Briarcliff Mx - Gravel pit, way too flat, no elevation change, like riding on a dirt road. Unfortunately I heard it may become partially a race track again (big maybe), good luck to those idiots.

Beans - Crazy good layout.

AMS - Faircross.

Chillitown - Probably the best promotions for local racing that I have seen or heard of since Drew Wolfe, seriously.

Ohio,,,,,,,,,,,better practice tracks then race tracks

Treaty City was the best prepped track in D-11, sure am gunna miss the place

sorry Ron, I'm going to miss it since i'm done racing. Soley my opinion since i prefer a moist track with multiple lines! I never made it down to chilli town but from what i heard there prep was good as well

Treaty best prepped track?? jason what are you smokin these days?

must have been that hit on the noggin but i've always liked and preferred a WET rough track, similar to Briar Cliff. Jo knows its gotta be soaked in the A.M to be good in the P.M. these are mearly MY opinions

I have to agree with Jason145 on Treaty being one of the best prepped tracks as of late...especially compared to most of the other tracks in D11. I've only went to the Buckeye Series races the past few years, but was always prepped well and rutted. I think maybe should have to be at one of their races in the past few years to comment. COCR has improved recently and Chillitown has been prepped well and is definitely the best promoted and probably put in the most effort of any of the tracks in D11.

Sorry to hear that. I should retire with my back issues. Figure I have some more years left in me though at this point.

John how long has it been since you have been to Treaty? You seem to be hiding under the hard pan dust bowls of the south? Remember how everyone used to rant and rave about Kenworthys? Guess what they had mud in practice ruts and braking bumps. I believe all these are part of motocross.

Nothing to do with Mud in practice, ruts and braking bumps. And I have not been there in about three years because I was fed up with the place. I have been there when they have watered so much, they were scraping it off the track, been there when there has been dust so bad you cant see......and over all just never thought they ran a very smooth program. Just my opinion. So in return, I quit going there.

This year for the Buckeye Series Race at TC, was how you described John, They had watered so much on the main straight they had to scrape off the mud because it was nothing but 2ft. deep muck. But besides that the track was awesome, nice deep ruts and huge braking bumps!

Back