Ohio represents well at arenacross opener.

nathan343

PR Member
I know not too many people follow the series closely, but i just wanted to point out that Ohio riders took 5 spots out of the top ten! (Though i thoud i read in racer x years ago he was from Ohio)

Arenacross Class Results (Des Moines, Iowa)

Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki
Josh Demuth, North Richland Hills, Texas, Kawasaki
Jeff Gibson, Blacklick, Ohio, Honda
Nathan Skaggs, Chillicothe, Ohio, Honda
Michael Willard, Newark, Ohio, KTM
Willy Browning, Pleasantville, Ohio, KTM
Shawn Rife, Mechanicsburg, Ohio, Honda
Kurt McCabe, Marion, Iowa, Honda
Kelly Smith, Ludington, Mich., KTM
Cory Green, Nowata, Okla., Suzuki

Oh yea! And also Demuth lived in ohio for a long time, as well as Bowers and Ames was up front all weekend long. Lots of Ohio in AX.

Man, what a season so far. Speed is behind so don't spoil it for me, but Jeff is getting out front and hooking up in the corners and getting lots of air time with that adorable blonde on the podium. So proud of you dude.

Is it just me or is Bowers kind of cocky? he was talking about how the track was to easy and stuff. if its to easy go race sx with the big guys then....

Is it just me or is Bowers kind of cocky? he was talking about how the track was to easy and stuff. if its to easy go race sx with the big guys then....

I agree. The latest podium quote "just making people look bad" was too cocky for me. It's ironic because after taking out Skaggs and losing all points the previous race he's the one that I'm embarrassed for.

They always seem to make a big deal in sx at the end of the year when the ax series is over and bowers comes to race supercross. I just don't get it. Yes he has talent, but do they really think that he's going to be able to do something in the big boy class? Don't get me wrong. I understand how much talent it takes to get into a main event, but when you're just going to ride arenacross your whole career how much bragging rights do you really have? And he's been cocky since he was on mini bikes for team green.

I have not watched or seen any of the AX on TV, so I'm not up on the interviews or any of that........ but the guy is a Champion from around here that cut his teeth racing in D11.

Tyler Bowers is a talented rider for sure and he is very close to the top of the sport in terms of skill and racing accomplishments. At some point, you have to go where the money is if you don't have enough to support yourself, and I feel that Tyler could have been a SX regular but that he never really got a fair shake due to whatever reason. He could spend his own money and try to make it on his own and get picked up somewhere............. or go to Arenacross and come up that route while getting paid to ride / race. Justin Brayton came through the arenacross ranks to make it and eventually land on Team Honda Factory team, so it can happen.

Tyler has always been a big kid sizewise, and with a little bit of attitude and rough riding background, maybe no one wanted to take a chance on him in the 250cc Lites division when he was available due to those factors. Without the money and backing to build a fleet of 250F motors, I think Arenacross was his best option to get paid and make money at what we all love to do.

Then with how deep the field is in SX now, to come in after Arenacross and make mains each week is still very impressive and shows Tyler's skills. Look at some of the names that have missed main events this year while trying to qualify and tell me that Tyler doesn't have reason to be somewhat cocky. Let's not forget that Tyler is the reigning Champion of Arenacross which is a AMA Professional Motorcycle Discipline, and that is no small accomplishment. That's not to say that he's on the same level as Ryan Villopoto, Ryan Dungey, Chad Reed, or James Stewart.......... but he's a hell of a rider for sure. And a cocky attitude may go a long way in making some fans talk about you and get more attention in the Arenacross situation. More press is always better for a racer, to keep your name in the loop.

Back