With winter coming.....

six6seven

PR Member
Is it time to tear down your steed, clean er all up, detail clean, and rebuild and mend the broken pieces that would still get you by to finish the days races or get your practice in? or whose all planning on going out of state to ride or KY and surrounding area's to hit up the bigger indoor tracks?

The bike (new to me) is coming apart to get a good baseline for next season. It needs some TLC and a DEEP cleaning. I have one ride on it under my belt outside. Hope to have at least one more before I am forced to go to Anna. No indoor racing for me anymore. Last AX race was January 00.

Hope this coming winter doesn't drag on like last year! I think riding a 500 on one of the indoor hamster wheels will get tedious. Better than the couch, though!

I try to avoid riding indoors. A group of us always head south for at least a long weekend once.

I had just bought A mint stock 02 cr 250 and rode it 3 times before I broke my wrist... It's down to the frame now getting cleaned, greased, rebuilt, a set of new 10' plastics and Honda of Troy graphics... With some black wheels and a factory pipe.. Figured if I can't ride I might as well make it all pretty for the first ride back!

I'm with halfpint, if my bonus comes in I'm getting a 2012 crf450r too.
How do we get that bonus again?????
I have limits..

You could do a multiple of things. As always you can go ride Earlywine, OMA in Anna, Ram Jam in the surrounding Cleveland area, and NEMX by the Ohio state line with PA in Andover I believe. All are worthy of the drive, but it is going to cost a pretty penny in gas these days to go ride somewhere long distances away. You could always ride outside, fight off the frost bite, and slide around on the permafrost that will eventually over take the great state of Ohio. Or you could join the rest of us that decide to tear our bikes down and go through them. This opportunity allows for long evenings with buddies in the garage, partaking in a few brewskis, and bench racing until the cows come home. I personally will join the beer drinking bench racers until late February once depression has set in from not riding. Then I to will make the journey to a local indoor facility, only to find out that I did to much bench racing over the winter and need to lay off the "carbo-loading".

work your butt off for low pay,never call off sick or you'll lose $300 each day you're off sick,don't get hurt at work or you'll lose $300 each day you're off and don't have surgery or you'll lose $300 each day you're off

ACL surgery then rehab knee and maybe go to Rays in a few months and hopefully ready to ride before spring.

A friend of mine in Oregon is selling this, unless you live in Ashtabula county I don't think it snows enough around here to justify the cost.
2196861030028062522S600x600Q85.jpg

That looks like a blast. I think I saw the kit goes for $5000. That seems like a lot, but a new sled has to be well over $10,000....

A friend of mine in Oregon is selling this, unless you live in Ashtabula county I don't think it snows enough around here to justify the cost.
2196861030028062522S600x600Q85.jpg

Me thinks that i would be toting "other things" in that there gasoline stoarge area, let your imaginations run wild.

That looks like a blast. I think I saw the kit goes for $5000. That seems like a lot, but a new sled has to be well over $10,000....

You would be amazed at the prices you can pick up an awesome sled for these days. many dealers in Michigan have three and four year old models in the crates. Cash talks and you can find awesome deals. MUCH less than $10000 for a really nice new sled.

Back