Arrows flyin....Bucks a dien

Sweet buck . 93 yards that is no slouch. Shotgun? My son uses a muzzleloader. No recoil at all . I have a small scar like that too. From a quick turnaround shot. Good job Dad and son!

Congrats great shot,hard to make when your heart is pounding.I'm still at a stalemate this season just does and small ones.

Sweet buck . 93 yards that is no slouch. Shotgun? My son uses a muzzleloader. No recoil at all . I have a small scar like that too. From a quick turnaround shot. Good job Dad and son!

I bought both boys T/C Encores with 20 GA slug barrels and 2 by 7 Leupold scopes. I wanted them to have a gun that was simple to use and something that they could use for the rest of there life.

Sorry I havent posted but my account wouldnt let me for some reason. I got pretty lucky this year. I had a funnel that I let go all year and year after year it is always loaded with scrapes. Its a strip of woods surrounded by fields on both sides and is in a valley. I was striking out on "shooters" every where else. So I decided to hit the funnel since I figured it was time that the bigger bucks shoulda been checking scrapes. HE was the 8th deer I saw that night and the 5th buck. We didnt run any cams down there and it is on the opposite end of the property. So I assume thats why he was there. ITs about a mile walk and was undisturbed. In the end it payed off.

Randy- my buck scored 167 and 2/8 green

Frank, congrats to dorae. that is a nicce buck.

Mike 44- congrats on an awesome trip out west. I didnt even know you were going out there. COngrats to your buddy also. been seeing anything in ohio? Congrats to your son also!

Beenridin- congrats on a great buck!

Marcthesharc- No I havent been. I havent ridden since August when I taught the mx camp I teach every year at Round Lake. WHen it starts getting close to hutnnig season the bike gets parked. I had a pretty nasty crash at the mx camp when me micheal akydin and jeff gibson were making a transfer jump. I was hte first one to go for it and I went of the bars and got knocked out in front of half the kids. It was bad news. All Jimmy Povolny had to say was "theres something wrong with you kid. I cant believe you got up from that." haha After that I realized Im not as young as I used to be and recovering from nasty wrecks isnt as easy as it used to be!

Thanks Zach glad your OK.My daughter Toni went out with Dorae Monday afternoon on her first hunt in a ground blind and shot a nice doe at 4:30.It was her first hunt first time she shot a muzzelloader and made a perfect 90 yard shot and dropped the doe in it's tracks.Ive never seen anybody so excited,she even helped me gut it out.Needless to say she is hooked for life.

Ha, Zach, yes it does seem like the ground has gotten harder than I remember last when I was 16....glad to hear you're all good!

buck 2011_0_01.jpg

buck 2011_4_01.jpg

buck 2011_5_01.jpg

Shot this buck Saturday. I just went out to check my cameras and thought I should take the gun just in case. As luck would have it, and I have been extremely lucky in the past 3 years, this guy took off as I returned from checking my camera. He rough scored about 140 and was about 200# on the hoof. I would rather have taken him with my bow but I guess thats for next year now. Found out my wife isn't taking pictures of me with my deer...the hard way...lol

Sweet deer...good idea taking the gun. I had a close encounter once like that unarmed. Bad mistake. Second gun season starting Saturday...going to our cabin in Hocking Hills with Jack . He has a buck tag to fill. Still seeing rut activity as of yesterday. Hope we come home with pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0849.jpg
    IMG_0849.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 178
Back