Coolant drain plug on a Honda?

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Where in the hell is the drain plug for the coolant on a Honda? I already tried the manual, and it says to take it to the dealer...? I'm working on my 150R pit bike, and aside from pulling the hose off-- I can't figure out how to drain the coolant! This is why I like two strokes. --L*64

Where in the hell is the drain plug for the coolant on a Honda? I already tried the manual, and it says to take it to the dealer...? I'm working on my 150R pit bike, and aside from pulling the hose off-- I can't figure out how to drain the coolant! This is why I like two strokes. --L*64

On a 450, its the bottom 8mm bolt on the water pump cover. If you look closely you will see a copper sealing washer behind it. Pull that sucker out, and coolant be flowin!

OK-- Thanks! I'lll look into that! Wonder why the manual says to go to the dealer? --L*64

Not sure. It may be different on a 150, but a 450 is REALLY simple. Maybe they are just trying to get the mini dad types to bring in the bike for everything so junior feels like he gets factory type treatment! :)

Yep. That was it. I dunno why in the hell they wouldn't address it in the manual. It wouldn't say where the water pump drain plug was, but they tell you how to change the oil...? Thanks, --L*64

Haha! These Hondas are kinda weird. They've got top end and bottom end oils. I never had a 4 stroke before other than trail bikes. I came up riding the only things that were available-- two strokes. --L*64

Haha! These Hondas are kinda weird. They've got top end and bottom end oils. I never had a 4 stroke before other than trail bikes. I came up riding the only things that were available-- two strokes. --L*64

Not so weird when you think about it. Why let transmission contamination get in the engine? When you drain both, the tranny side always has more of a metallic look to it. I'm fine with keeping that out of the engine!

Back