tree huggin

Jonny rocket

PR Member
i have grown up going to countless motocross tracks.. races/practices
and it was great! i have recently became more into offroad racing, not because i can't jump (which seems to be a common misconception) kinda bums me out that these riders dont get the credit(or pay) of your saturday nite superstars

i still ride moto too..just wondering what the deal is?

I think they just don't have te scanbe fan base or sponsor backing to pay for them. But I raced harescrbles a handful of times and those are some of the hardest things I have ever done in my life. I can't imagine how those gncc guys go three hours. Plus sometimes they racing in the woods and on moto tracks so you have to have both skills plus deal wit all the different conditions u have on trails plus hill climbs and going down them. On top of that you get your bike stuck or fall down and have to pick it up that will clean your energy out in a second. Those guys forsure deserve all the credit they can get.

Check out the video on Racerxonline.com about the Crawfordsville GNCC race. Man them dudes fly in the woods and for 3 hours. They make it look easy but seems on the edge to be that close to trees and roots all the time. I would like to ride that route but not race it. Because the races are usually over 10 mile loops the spectators don't get to see it all, so maybe that is one reason it is not as popular. I think it is a thankless sport, you do it because you love it.

Check out the video on Racerxonline.com about the Crawfordsville GNCC race. Man them dudes fly in the woods and for 3 hours. They make it look easy but seems on the edge to be that close to trees and roots all the time. I would like to ride that route but not race it. Because the races are usually over 10 mile loops the spectators don't get to see it all, so maybe that is one reason it is not as popular. I think it is a thankless sport, you do it because you love it.
well said, it's not a specator friendly event

This is what a good friend of mine thinks of the woods.This was me coming in for fuel and he had alreay pulled off. For me, I had fun this day. Challenging and fun. I like to run both MX and the woods.

http://vimeo.com/7256587

GNCC does at least get some TV time these days. Thats a step in the right direction, but yeah it is not spectator friendly.

@ Jonny Rocket

When you say OFF ROAD racing? Do you mean like Jeff Ward, Mcgrath, (Twitch) Stenburg... & Recently Bubba raced.
Like 4 wheeled trucks on an Off Road track?

well said, it's not a specator friendly event

x2

I love cross country, (which is what he meant by "off road") but don't expect anybody to be watching. As a spectator about all you can see is the start, and then pick a 50' section of a 5 mile course to watch. Sometimes a handful will gather on tough hill or something, but most of the good spost the spectators can't even get to without some serious hiking. Even the Blackwater 100 had sections where you never saw a spectator for several miles.

The only thing that might bring "off Road" stars into the mainstream is Endurocross! The small tough courses make for great racing and great action and the guys are super talented on the bikes. Go to YouTube and search Endurocross and see what I mean.

With technology today it could be a spectator friendly event with various cameras set up through the course.

I completely agree. Off road races are so long that it would be almost impossible to cover every inch of the race. A lot of people like to see crashes, big air, bright lights, and lots of fluff that is associated with sx and mx. Off road racing and spectating for that matter have a select group of followers that are true to their roots, and will hike through miles of honey suckles to find the best place to watch woods racing action.

Personally I do not see off road racing getting the media coverage of mx or sx, for one simple reason, the venues are enormous!!! To make matters worse if we were to down size a woods race it wouldnt be as fun as traditional races. Endurocrosses are very exciting to watch, lots of crashes, obstacles, etc, but not every rider is good enough to ride one of these style races.

It will take a lot of time, technology investment, and some big outside Ken Block style sponsors to bring more attention to off road racing.

Idk about you guys but I always watch the GNCC races on RacerTV, its on versus all the time, that stuff is sweet to watch, I only raced 2 GP's and man they're fun. But with that said IDK if i could ever haul like them dudes, i got an idea of how fast they are at Fasttraxx watching Cory Buttrick and Thad Duvall just flat out kill everyone

People just don't understand how demanding it is. I find it way more exciting than NASCAR.

What do you mean making a left turn isn't exciting enough? haha i mean jeez they do it like 800 times in a race how awesome is that?!!! its just such an unpredictable event.

lol yea i know what you mean, before i ever raced or rode a motocycle, I would get so excited to see motocross racing on CBS sports back before I had cable, I mean its advertised to the motocross community quite a bit, but there needs to be more mainstream marketing, like how about we interrupt nascar for a speed report on motocross rather than interrupting the MEC for some stupid crap about nascar I never gave two rats @$$ to see in the first place. I feel like there are so many national amateur races across the country we should be able to watch that stuff whenever, I dont understand why it isn't more televised, like who gives a crap about Pinks all out, its the same boring crap over and over, I mean wouldnt you rather watch what happened at one of the many National Amateur races across the country then reruns of barrett jackson? I think the cable company's do a poor job at having the stuff for us to watch as well. I mean MAVTV, Versus, Fuel, and Speed all have coverage of motocross, but how many Cable/dsl/satellite providers have all these channels without having to pay for them? I know I'd much rather have them for the money spent on TV then 20 cooking channels, 20 different shopping channels and 20 different football channels on any given day.

NASCAR is pretty awesome live. Hearing the raw horsepower coming out of pit lane. Live only, tv bores it out.

I feel like its about like monster trucks, cool to see once in person, but after that its the same ole same ole, sure you get you're occasional crowd pleasing crashes. But, that shouldnt be the only exciting part, i mean hell with moto everything is exciting, between railing a corner as fast as they do or whipping/scrubbing over a huge @$$ jump

I feel like its about like monster trucks, cool to see once in person, but after that its the same ole same ole, sure you get you're occasional crowd pleasing crashes. But, that shouldnt be the only exciting part, i mean hell with moto everything is exciting, between railing a corner as fast as they do or whipping/scrubbing over a huge @$$ jump

Speaking of monster trucks, I have been in charge of the quad wars for the Monster Jam shows in Ohio, Indiana, and Michigan, for the past four years, and I bet you will be happy to know that everything about Monster Jam is 99% staged!!!! What team wins the quad wars, what driver wins the heads up battle, and most times the judges in the stands work for Monster Jam promoters and they are all staged. I say 99% because I did see somebody win a freestyle contest after rolling her truck into the stands. The promoter let her win to avoid rioting by the fans if she did not win.

lmfao, ironic you mention that, the coolest part about the monster jam was the short intermission where we got to see a freestyle show(moto, quad, bmx)

Back