my moto van project

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Posted it up on thumpertalk... but here is the link. Pics of the whole process.

Almost track worthy, just in time for winter! Hoping to have it 100% done within the week. With the exception of new wheels, those im just waiting for a deal to come across some. Also gotta figure out what im doing on the outside with either juts some big stickers or got a place that may wrap it really really cheap...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10786904#post10786904

keep your eye on craigslist for the wheels, alot of good deals on wheels right now. good lookin rig man

Just a thought on the stickers:

I like the outside of my van to be completely stock and generic. When you put moto stickers all over the outside, you are telling people "Hey, come break in and see my nice expensive bikes." Not sure if you plan on leaving bikes in all the time or if you are even worried about security, but thought I would mention it. With tinted windows and no moto stickers on the outside, I can park mine anywhere and not worry about it.

yeah i think its either going to be wrap or empty... it does have an alarm on it so that helps. and a remote start which will be nice!

I've got these for sale......tires may not work to well on the van though....18x9

Attachments

• 2011-08-15_17 25 46.jpg
    2011-08-15_17 25 46.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 335
  • 2011-08-15_17 26 19.jpg
    2011-08-15_17 26 19.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 284
To tie down bikes in the back of my motovan I turn the bars all the way into the corners (left and right for their respective sides)

Then take a strap going from the outside handlebar to the upper corner/ceiling that the tire is tucked into.

Then I put a d ring in the floor between both bikes. Run a strap from the same bar down to that d-ring.

Bikes will not move.. and it doesn't compress anything.

If the van is empty I'll also run a strap from the back wheel to the wall so it doesn't slide around.

Just realized you didn't really talk about tying bikes down in this thread.. I was more or less responding to your thread on TT. Woops!

thats OK was looking for info like that, thanks. originally i was thinking about putting the d ring in the middle of the floor between both bikes (like centered) to run a strap to each foot peg.. just because i saw something similar that worked well.

i guess it would probably do the same thing.

Looks super nice. Great job. I'd leave the outside as nondescript as possible. Just a plain old van is all-- nothing good like dirt bikes or a system in it.... Hell-- I'd put "Hanks' Septic Cleaning Service" on the outside of it... haha! I've seen so many trailers with a big "Fox Racing" decal on the outside of it. I'm always wondering to myself why somebody would do that. --L*64

YOU NEED TO WRAP THAT THING!!! give me a call i can get you something done for a good price!

If you want your chit stolen then by all means do some advertising baby. You see nick weys ride at the monster cup ? Flat black, no advertising.

the only reason i like the wrap idea is because itll cover up all the little dent/ding/scratches from a 9 yr old van.

im ONLY doing it if its super super cheap... waiting to hear back from the guy. if not ill probably leave it plain. i got a little mini # plate on the back window and thats all ill leave on it.

Back