old school kawi anyone?

It hasn't been ridden on any tricks, and the multiple clutches have never been blown up either-- great!

All kidding aside.... I kinda want it! --L*64

Is this a 125 or 250? I can't quite see the pipe well enough? If it's a 125-- I may just go pick it up. I've been looking for a cheap Smith Rd. ride. --L*64

Those FMF stickers on the fender probably boost the power a bit. Kind of like having NOS stickers on your civic!

I talked to the guy tonight. It's a 1-2-fiiii-vve. I'm going to check it out tomorrow night. I wanted a nice cheapo for Smith Rd. and the 'Cabin. I was hoping to spend less than a G gassed up and ready to ride. I'm thinking I can do fliuds, tires, and probably a chain and sprockets on this bike, along with the usual elbow grease and spit shine and call it done. If I got a newer 125-- I'd probably have to do something with the suspension b/c they made them so stiff the last ten years (add $600 to the cost of the bike when ya gotta send the suspension out). I want to say the bikes were less harshly suspended 20 years ago. If I can get away with just fluids, that would greatly decrease the over all cash outlay. I'll post up on how it works out. --L*64

Take a close look at the upper shock mount. That bike used two stamped aluminum brackets to connect the shock to the frame. The brackets and / or the frame mount holes will crack WHEN (not if) the bolts work loose.

Otherwise, looks clean for an oldie.

So-- I was looking to try and grab her up tonight, but somebody got in under me and got her early this afternoon! Sucks, but there are decent 125's everywhere for sale... not quite this cheap-- but cheap nonetheless. I'll find one soon enough I guess. Thanks for posting about this one anyway. --L*64

Just registered...saw the thread...bought this bike. Sorry dude! Its very clean with super low hours. It still has (unscratched) factory stickers on shrouds and swingarm. First bike Ive had in 15 years...didnt want to spend lots of $ but also didnt want something to work on. Planning on taking it somewhere this weekend!
Any suggestions?

Congrats on the purchase. No biggie. Tons o' 125's out there for sale. Aside from the price on that one-- I'd prolly prefer a Yamaha or Suzook anyway. When it's that cheap and nice-- ya kinda gotta take what's available. If I hadn't ridden in 15 years, I'd think Crow Canyon would be a good option if it's open for riding. Maybe Smith Rd. will be open too. --L*64

I actually found the bike on clist before I even knew of the website. I went to Kames to get a couple things and one of the guys told me to check out this site. Imagine my surprise when I saw you guys talkin about my bike on here...weird.

Back