2012 Chillitown MX Plans and Ideas

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
Ok my Chillitown loyal. We are in the middle of planning our 2012 season and we are wanting to take it to the next level. We want to improve upon what we gave the riders and spectators this year and we want to hear from you guys as to what we did right and what we did wrong.

We want to hear your ideas. We are thinking about doing a Saturday night series under the lights...maybe even a Friday night series. I don't know if we will do two day races again...seems a bit too much. What are your thoughts on race days? Saturdays? Sundays? Fridays?

What about the Saturday set race order. Good...bad???

The D11 sanctioning meeting is this Saturday so we need to nail down some good ideas for next year so please help! We want to give you guys want you want.

Lend us your thoughts.

Definitly only one race per weekend. Would be really cool to bring back a Friday or Saturday night series!

X2 on the sat night racing, I'd think you'd get alot more spectators with racing at night lowering the temp a bit and being out of the sun

Dont get sucked into running a race series. I would run just straight up races, or if you do, I would keep it short. Like 3-4 races. Night races definitley have a better local draw, especially if you can advertise to the general public. Saturday Nights are probably more doable for the majority of people. Fridays are a hassle for most, just getting off work, and having drive like hell to make practice. If you do day races, race sunday, practice saturday.

And whatever you do stay away from Aug. 25/26th, trust me, you dont want that date.

Definitely agree with BCMX on keeping it a short series. Western Reserve used to do a saturday night series it was like 4 or 5 races. It was the only time I chased points my whole life. What a blast.

Dont get sucked into running a race series. I would run just straight up races, or if you do, I would keep it short. Like 3-4 races. Night races definitley have a better local draw, especially if you can advertise to the general public. Saturday Nights are probably more doable for the majority of people. Fridays are a hassle for most, just getting off work, and having drive like hell to make practice. If you do day races, race sunday, practice saturday.

And whatever you do stay away from Aug. 25/26th, trust me, you dont want that date.
x2

I'd agree with BC on short series or straight race dates. I unfortunately never made it there, and I only am 45 minutes away. Sat night races would be a good idea, and this is coming from someone that used to detest night racing. What capabilities are in place for pre-entry? If a short series is the route you take, maybe offer a % discount if a person pre-enters for all the dates at one shot?

I'd imagine costs get out of hand with the open practice sessions available when you first opened. By the time my schedule cleared up, there were only two or three sessions left. Are you going to do any for 2012? I don't have the time to commit all day to a track, but half a day...

Bring back sat night racing!!! BRING IT BACK. I still have some of my saturdays and all day Sunday for other things. Dirt Country used to get huge crowds for Saturday night racing. Do not do it in a one moto format though, keep it a regular two moto format. Track was great this year, a little small, but I hear after next year you may be able to use more land??? Any truth? Pits and everything else is awesome. As for a series, keep it simple.......Saturday night series. Any races you run count for points.

Breaking News!!!!

Breaking news!!!! Chillitown MX will be running a Saturday Night Series next year!!! More details to come. We have some really cool ideas coming in from the Pitracer gang that we think will make Chillitown the place to be next season. We are still hammering out details surrounding our new night race format but would love to hear from you folks as to what you think would work best. Ideas.....whos gottem? What dates would be best for the series? We are thinking maybe 4 races. Should be spread then out? One per month? Starting times? One long moto or two shorter motos?

This is your chance to help mold the series....tell us what you want to see.

Also, Chillitown MX is proud to announce that we are the newest facility to join the Ohio South West MX Series for the 2012 race season. Our OSWMXS dates are July 1st and Oct 21st.

Awesome joining the SW series. As for the Saturday night races, I will be there for sure. Keep it two motos. No one wants to travel to race on moto. Makes it more of a fair race at that point, and that is not want you want people thinking of chilitown. Start practice about 4, and races about 6pm.

I did your series this year worked out that I could finish the series after my knee surgery. Happy your joining the sw series I did that series the year before and they do a great job. Got more swag doing that series then the district gave. I think the sat night races are a good idea but all of us that did your series loved the 2 day races there nice to camp and hang with friends and making new. Just keep up the good work and any idea when the banquet is going to be yet

The banquet will be January 14, the good news is we will make two of the Saturday night races the day before our Sunday Southwest Series dates. That gives us a couple fun filled weekends of camping and friends. And you are always welcome to stay at the campgrounds after the Saturday Night races.

You guys do SO MUCH right - especially for the first year - that I feel weird about griping about anything, but mostly what I hear from the riders, both pro and amateur - is that the circuit itself lacks " FLOW"... What does " FLOW" mean ? Well, a hundred different things to a hundred different riders...but, essentially, it lacks a consistency and general pattern of comfort - for many...My recommendations would be: 1. Lengthen the track - never so much you don't have the equipment and manpower to take care of it... ; 2. Many of the jumps seem to have odd angles of attack that result in weird trajectories 3. Add in a few bowl'ish or bermed corners....; 4. The start corner berm is too far out from the apex of the 1st turn; 5. Add in as many obstacles as you can - whoops, doubles, whatever...; 6. Don't touch that rough uphill randomly ragged stair-steppish slight u[hill that takes you back towards the start - that is perfect. Do NOT mess with it.

I with Rup, the first turn does not feel right to me. Get rid of how the center section of the track is, so that it does flow a little better. I know what Rups talking about.

Back