Best riding story of 2011

Came off the line at Trevor's GP in like 6th behind all the awesome electric start KTMS. Got to the woods only to be t boned and found my self in between a tree, my hand and some bark busters along with the guys handlebar buried into a gaping hole in my airbox.

Epic fail at a GP attempt.

Was at dirtworld (during practice) made a clean pass around a guy and I went to the inside only to feel a smack and me getting thrown off the bike. And I hit my cocked handlebar that was on the ground like a skateboarder crushes his boys on a rail. Epic fail #2.

Went to briarcliff to see what all the huff was about. Epic awesomeness.

I dunno about a "riding story" per se, but the day of Georges' last Smith Rd. race is definitely a highlight of 2011 for me. Not that I'm happy George has retired, but more that we now KNOW that the Raceway will continue on, and that George was able to retire w/o us losing our beloved local riding spot. It doesn't seem like much to the young cats probably. But for the guys that have come up riding there-- it's a good deal. I've enjoyed seeing guys who've ridden and raced at the 'Road over the years with kids who are now riding and racing basically the same track as we did, and enjoying it just as much.

Any time I ride dirt bikes- it's always a great time. I feel pretty lucky (hence the user name) that I'm still doing what I love to do with my high school bud, and the rest of the local PR gang. We have a pretty good scene here in NE Ohio. --L*64

Beating Pit and Rocket Robin at above said race at Smith rd. Free dairy queen for my partner and I. That was epic.

Any day that was overcast with no wind. I dont have specific dates or examples, but all of those days are epic, and limited. We just dont get enough of those days in our lifetime.

Beating Pit and Rocket Robin at above said race at Smith rd. Free dairy queen for my partner and I. That was epic.

I'm so happy that I was able to contribute to someone else's epic riding story, that's what friends are for!

My epic ride of the year was moto 3 of the regional in +35 where I finished 4th in the moto. I had an OK start and rode like a man possessed on my favorite track and passed guys that I've never beaten in my life in that moto. To have a fellow competitor Rodney Carrier in the trophy line tell me that he was thinking "what the heck, I just got passed by a Husaberg" made my weekend. Doesn't get better than that for me........

Except, that in the 134 degree heat index at Loretta Lynn's Moto 2 of the +40 class, staying on the lead lap, finishing 14th in the moto, and setting 5th fastest lap time on the 10th and final lap of the moto........ was a highlight of my entire riding career. It was probably the best that I have ever ridden in my life and was a huge moment for me to finish that high in a race with all the ex pros. On top of that, knowing that I train my own way, and do my own thing and be able to last in the most brutal conditions you can encounter made me feel great about all the time and effort I put in.

On a more relaxing note, Epic fall foliage in my trail riding in Northern Michigan this October was hard to beat. Some of the views we had that weekend are like postcards of Fall that you see in calendars. To experience those lifetime views from the seat of your motorcycle while riding in the national forests of the best country on earth......... is another experience that is hard to beat!

In all, I have to say that I've had an epic season on the seat of a Husaberg, something that a year ago, I'd never even thought of owning.

I enjoy going and riding new places and in the past 12 months I have been able to ride at Glen Helen (CA), Pala Raceway (CA), Monster Mountain (Al), Area51 (NY), Red Bud (MI), Baja MX (MI), High Point (PA), Spring Creek (Millville, MN), and Loretta Lynns (TN). Plus many of the great local tracks we have in Ohio. So I've ridden and/or raced in 9 states in the last 12 months!

We had some great trips this year that produced a ton of fun and lots of great memories. All of the above treks to those places and the associated memories are priceless. It's just amazing how many great memories can happen in the course of a 4 day riding trip!

Any day that was overcast with no wind. I dont have specific dates or examples, but all of those days are epic, and limited. We just dont get enough of those days in our lifetime.

Felt like the hottest day on the planet on my first trip to the cliff. And no dust. Sweat was beading off my body instantly in the sun, and was beading after minutes in the shade. Was still epic. BC is Master of track prep.

Hitching a ride w/ Scotty810 for my first Cliff Experience was a highlight. Very hot, but the people were the root of the experience.

2 different rides at New Vienna MX where I played the weather game just right. On one Sunday morning, I had the place to myself, no dust, no ruts. I was throwing the 426 into corners without touching the brakes and burying the throttle coming out of said corners.

Earlier in the year, being the first person at OMA in Anna. It was 5 degrees outside and I was indoors motoring around on a borrowed RM250 2T. Again, I had the place to myself for just shy of an hour.

Getting back on 2 wheels for the first time in 20 years, and on a suhweet YZ125 that Jason built. Hoping the rain holds off tomorrow so we can go play again. Every time riding this year has been epic!

Cliff on 11/12

11/12/11 I met up with a good friend of mine at the Cliff and for some reason we both felt pretty good then spent most of our day on the A/B track as we usually run the c track it took me a while after quitting for 18 seasons but for whatever reason I started to get going a bit well at least for me I had the only Yellow Yamaha on the track and had a blast!! starting to get the jumps figured out the biggest thing I have to get used to is the jumps but that is starting to come together. Track that day had an old school feel to it man was it fun we had a blast and before I could even say it my friend told me that was "our best outing" of the year I got wadded up pretty good in the Ross Co fair race in 250c and it took about a month to feel good again. All most gave up, glad I didnt Cant wait till next year for more pratice at the cliff

Look for this guy at Area 51, no words needed.
A51-63-X2.jpg

That is a sick picture. He is truly dedicated to the sport!!!

Best riding story for me is finally getting back on two wheels after a four year stint on wheelers and trying to make it big. I almost made it until a broken leg occurred. However I spent 16 years on a bike, four years off, and I just completed my first full year on a bike again. It was a pretty epic year in itself.

Back