2012 AHRMA schedule is up

halffast

PR Elite
A bunch of changes , and not really in a Buckeye racer's favor . We've had it pretty good the last few seasons with lots of venues within decent driving distance . My two favorites , Casey and Log Road , aren't on the schedule and I hate to see them gone . The loss of Log Road surprises me . Fortunately they kept our Athens round . There is a WV race but I'm not sure that it is at the same track as the last couple of years . Broome Tioga is gone ( Vin track was sad but PV was cool ) and is replaced by Unadilla . Portland , MI is still included but the deep sand isn't my fav . Other than those races we had better be ready to set the cruise control and keep the gas cards ready for some longer drives . It's gonna be $$$ to get in the max points races . It always was but a bit more so now with more long hauls necessary .

Looks like another year of just racing Mid Ohio for me. And possibly High Point if I can recover from the bad taste from this years' race (even though I won it).

I think the time is ripe for Ohio to create their own vintage/post-vintage/evolution/bomber race series. Wish I had the time to try and put something together.

Looks like another year of just racing Mid Ohio for me. And possibly High Point if I can recover from the bad taste from this years' race (even though I won it).

I think the time is ripe for Ohio to create their own vintage/post-vintage/evolution/bomber race series. Wish I had the time to try and put something together.

Not going to Athens? Should be two full days of racing at a great facility.

That schedule was kind of hard for me to find on the AHRMA site. http://www.ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-2012/Nationals/2012%20event%20dates%20for%20web.pdf

Thank goodness for Drew's Athens track still being in the mix or it'd be ultra-bleak!

Anybody who didn't make it to Athens this year should make an effort to check it out 2012, it's an awesome track! (unless you have a LL qualifier getting in the way).

Log Road is a shocker as that is one of the best events we have been to as not only is the track fun bit always prepped very well plus they always had the pig roast on Saturday night.

It is still early & like last year am guessing a few more dates will be added.

Kind of bummed to have missed the entire 2011 season & 2012 is not looking any better for me as I am pretty much out to pasture with the back problem but hope to have my daughter at a few events next year.

Maico Mark

5/20 Sun Lake Sugar Tree, Axton, VA

6/3 Sun Unadilla Valley Sports Center, New Berlin, NY

Anyone ever raced either of these as I have always wanted to but never made it?

May be too getting old & time for a bucket list....

Mark , I went to Gary Bailey's school there in '81 on my brand new Honda CR450 . It was a great track then but I'm sure there have been plenty of changes since . I think Karl ( or somebody ) gave a review of this years AHRMA race on this site and it sounded pretty cool . Never been to 'dilla though .

Back