Wow, this seriously blows, less moto coverage

six6seven

PR Member
http://vurbmoto.com/blogs/editors-note-tv-paradox/7455/

So either we need to get a programmer to build a DVR for recording online streaming...or we need to start knocking on JS7's, RC4's, MC2's, RD5's, RV2's, CR22's, and some other big names,ask for donations and start a moto network....

I mean we seriously dont have that much coverage of moto to begin with, then they're going to cut it down even more? I mean wth? they have 8 different golfing, hunting, fishing, espn's, and curling channels and yet we cant get a few hours to watch something actually worth watching, exciting, and widely viewed, with large sponsors behind it.

I think they are trying to look long term here. Maybe it is a setback for the 2012 season, but it may lead to bigger and better coverage (due to larger audiences) in the future.

IMHO DC is on the right track for taking MX to the next level. Let's cut him some slack and see what happens....

I have been cutting him some slack for years. The outdoor race is a bore compared to SX, and I have been going to races since 1973 at the 'dilla. Just not like the old days. The classes are stacked with the same riders, and there are no more privateers coming from nowhere anymore. SX is a show, but a good one. The MX Sports family just doesn't get it at all. MX on the armature level is dying, which they promote also, but from the post on here, D6 message board, vital, and the like, is that most people really don't know what direction MX Sports is taking MX, either professionally or on the armature level.

No wonder everyone just practices anymore. Sorry for the rant. I just think they are bad promoters who have an iron fist in controlling MX. I have been hearing for "years" (like at least 20) that they are about to break it open. Just isn't happening with that crew. If it is to break into the bigtime, we need some different promoters and/or a different format.

I'm interested in what others think.

Put the races back on Sundays! Run the pros numbers as how they finished last year. Bring back two strokes! Mostly, try some other tracks! Like Gainsville, mabey somewhere in Ohio, some other places. Mabey start a 125 Pro-Am class as a third class for the day.

Combs family somehow needs someone to help them give it direction. Many things are hurting outdoor MX. The numbers are ok now, it at least helps people remember what number they like and root for. Also helps marketing of products for toys and what not. As for the races.......need to be on Sunday. Too many people work saturdays this days. Allow anyone with a pro license to sign up.....makes for those great stories of how a local guy comes out and runs at the front of the pack......anyone remember how Josh Steel, Mark Musselman, "the farmboy" Chuck Reed, and others would show up at Kenworthys and have some great motos? That does not happen much these days. Get rid of timed qualifiers. If you have to run some on Saturday because of the number of riders, then do it. NO "factory" practices. Have like 4 open sessions, and when you want to go out, go out.......but we all line up on the same gate, then we all have opportunites to practice at the same times. many of these things would help draw more money, and fans to the nationals.

Personally I am all for the Saturday races. This year my Dad and I made it out to Unadilla (my first time there). It was perfect....drive part way Friday after work, finish the drive Saturday morning in time for practice, watch the race, drive part way home, finish drive Sunday.

No way I would venture that far for a Sunday race.

I think they should have 8 moto's on the weekend, 2 450 stock moto's, 2 250 stock moto's, 2 450 factory support classes, 2 250 factory support, just like at loretta's, And in the stock classes they'd have to run everything that comes from the factory except they can adjust their clickers, add #'s and have to leave stock graphics,

Back