Now this is cool!

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Technically you can't use BRAAP if you are on a 4-stroke either!

Pretty cool, would be fun to have one.

MX724

PR Addict
I agree. I love motors but I think this is where we are headed. Will it makes its way into the race scene? Cant really see the factories letting that happen soon however I think they would sell to people like us. You could ride anywhere and the possabilities are awesome. Unless of course the industry does what I expect it to do and make it outside of the range people want to spend. 10 000 for something that Im going to ride in the dirt and beat on is ridiculous right now. Then again electric motors have a much longer life than a 250f motor. Im very interested and it certianly looks like they have made some great updates. Something to definately think about.

k01

PR Elite
How about this one?

<EMBED height=360 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=640 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/hYpQFTPPFvQ&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3 allowScriptAccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

</EMBED>
Says it has the range to run a GP. It's light with no shifting required! But it ain't cheap!

John250

PR Founding Father
Does an electric motor create enough instant power to jump big doubles or come off a line with a gas motor? Would like to see both side by side on track.

Scotty810

PR Addict
I haven't ridden one, but I can tell you that one of the characteristics of electric motors is that they create their maximum torque instantly. The torque curve stays constant for quite awhile before dropping off. From some of the reading I've done, that is one of the hardest parts of designing this electric bikes.....trying to limit that instant torque from making the bike hard to control off the bottom.

ddmx488

PR Addict
From my experience if the electric bikes were using a servomotor they'd be constant torque throughout all rpm ranges. Doubtful though. Standard AC motors however are effected by initial inertial constraints. I'm pretty sure this bike is using an AC motor with some sort of AC drive. It should be able to provide a pretty linear torque curve if they wanted.