SPLIT Race formats

TCracing

PR Addict
Just wondering if any of the promoters would ever consider splitting the race formats?
Small bikes then big bikes or vice versa?
Would anyone complain if the race was split like 85's and under running in the A.M. Moto 1 and Moto 2 just like a regular race format. Then run the big bikes afterwards Moto 1 and Moto 2 regular race format?

I mean the little guys wouldn't have to worry about deep ruts or leaving at GOD knows what hour after the races are over. and just an all around shorter day and better experience for everyone I would think.
I mean lets face it the 17 year olds in the B class or the college boy racers aren't really spending to much time watching the mini's. and little Johny is more likely looking for his hot wheels or Gameboy before his bike is on the stand.

Actually I kind of like that idea. I have been racing more woods races than MX just because I can show up, race my class and go home. A format like that would mean less time at the track and in my opinion is a good thing. It will not work for everyone like mini parents/racers. However they would no longer have to scramble to get their kids squared away and not have the time to get themselves together.

I just wish they'd adopt a universal time schedule. You race same time each race day. Random pull at beginning of season.

Practice schedule same in am. But gve 1 site lap before moto if people skip?

Probably stupid. But I love harescramble/GP formats. Your whole day isn't shot.

I don't race for other reasons, but a split day would be of a ton of benefit to most rider/parents/promotors IMO. When I did race-- I HATED wasting AAAALLLL day in between motos. I'd far prefer to race once-- get a short break, then race again, and head home. Hell-- I'd let the quads and ATV's tear it up in between little bikes and big bikes so the promotors can make more money with more entries, and not make the bike people mad with the quads. It's been talked about before, but I've never seen it done. --L*64

Log Road and Scenic Highlands both spent a while running split format races. They don't work and the tracks end up going back to a regular format schedule.

seems to me that when I went to OIR in the mid 80's, they did the very same thing. Made it easier to go the 3.5 hour trip on Sunday morning.

Back