ACERBIS plastic ?

Jason145

PR Addict
I recently purchased a new plastic kit for my 07 smoker and when i went to install the exhaust side number plate theres a 2" gap between the plate and silencer!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem? It's apparent to be a 4-stroke plate and was told by acerbis thats the only one they offer for my blue steed

I have found Acerbis to fit nicely over the years. Jason, the 4t plates are very different in outer appearance vs the 2t plates. Your 250 should use the same plates as the 02 + 125 and 250 2Ts. The 4ts are a different animal. Look at bikepics.com for the various year 450s and you'll see. If it was a prepackaged kit, Acerbis might have messed up. If they weren't already gone, I'd have guessed you ordered from YoT...

A 2 inch gap is pretty big. Call the seller (dealer) and work with them to make it right. Pictures may help them.

IMG00402-20111126-1059.jpgthis doesn't look right and has twice the curve of the oem plate

That is weird. Where I was going with my post is the 450 plates wouldn't even bolt up. I do know the OEM plastic conforms to the silencer, no gap. Hmmmmm....

this is the most oddest thing i've ever seen! It's clearly a 2 stroke plate with a 4 stroke silencer curve. this is a pre-package kit that is now going back to acerbis because they don't believe me(even with pictures).

weird. ive had good experience with acerbis in the past. just ordered a new rear fender and side plates for my bike from them.

i had a front fender for a yz250 come before from i Believe UFO and it fit like an 80 fender. IT was tiny it was real weird.. yet part # and everything matched. they took it back and got me another that fit fine.. it was strange.

You know now that I read this, I put new Acerbis plastic on my CR 250 and the right side number plate is so tight that not only does it touch muffler it is almost curved in enough where the exhaust is going to blow onto it. So I have the exact opposite problem than what you have!

uh...does it say it will fit a 12? Because my buddy bought a brand new 2012 2T and there's a gap like you describe from the factory....Could be jus the bend they're using now.

I will have to look when I get home, but I put UFO sidepanels on my RM250 and I think it has a big gap like that as well.

uh...does it say it will fit a 12? Because my buddy bought a brand new 2012 2T and there's a gap like you describe from the factory....Could be jus the bend they're using now.
the sticker says 02-09 and my main concern is with a little heat from the silencer wouldn't it warp?

Hahahaha! That totally sucks. I use UFO-- I've had a problem with it not fitting now and again too. I've had to dremel something to fit before-- I was pissed. I'd check to see how much the OEM side panels cost, then I'd get UFO for the rest. Sometimes the OEM stuff isn't that much more, especially if you get a discount at a local dealer. --L*64

Got gap? Here's my RM125 & 250 gappers.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_0570.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0570.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Copy of IMG_0571.jpg
    Copy of IMG_0571.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 179
Call back and be a pain in the A$$ about it! Seriously!
If this is the kind of crap that is being sent out to customers and no one is complaining, then that's the kind of crap that will continue to be sent out to customers.
As consumers we have responsibilities too. Your paying 130 bucks for "plastic" for Gods sake, It should at least be acceptable.

Back