Anyone have some old KISS memorabilia lying around??

AHRMA361

PR Founding Father
If so....call Tiger and make yourself a deal! It still has the original "1" on the side panel! (Bike is actually a 1982, not '81)

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/2716677483.html

Yamaha YZ 250 - $650 (Strongsville, Oh)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-11-29, 11:28PM EST
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

running bike
price negotiable
call Tiger @ 216-978-8633 or dennis.antolik1@yahoo.com with questions or for more details
willing to barter for quads, dirt bikes, KISS memorabilia, ect...
need to sell ASAP

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

$650 might be a little steep as if I remeber right that year YZ looked cool with the front radaitor but was a pig and rather slow.

But then again 2 or 3 Kiss albums sounds like a fair trade!

Anybody actually buys that thing, I have a pair of forks for it (for no reason that I can recall
now) in addition to a brand new front number plate and maybe other stuff. Will trade for not-KISS
memorabilia (Gene Simmons is a dirt bag). I really need a GT80 carb and intake manifold.

Heavy but not slow... Right Mike?

Why, yes KO....................Correctly stated.
The 1983, 1984 used the same motor with only minor changes.

Definitely overweight. They shaved off 19 pounds on the 83 model.
I found that if I raised the forks in the clamps, the radiator weight isn't as noticeable and still turns OK.

The bike behaves well in flight, and the power valve gives the bike some very good power delivery once you learn how to manage it while you open it up.

I'm happy with my 82 and can't wait to race it again in 2012.

On a side note: It was good that Kiss had a good stage act, cause their music wasn't near as good as other kick-ass Rock bands of that era. (ex: AC/DC).

Yeah I rode a friends 83 YZ 250 before...fast bike that handled well & almost bought one myself that year but favored open class bikes picked up a CR 480.

Another friend who was was pretty fast back in 81 had one & maybe it did not work well for him as he looked like a toad on it.

Did the 81 also suffer from coolant leaks at the steering stem or something???

Yeah I rode a friends 83 YZ 250 before...fast bike that handled well & almost bought one myself that year but favored open class bikes picked up a CR 480.

Another friend who was was pretty fast back in 81 had one & maybe it did not work well for him as he looked like a toad on it.

Did the 81 also suffer from coolant leaks at the steering stem or something???

The 81 YZ250 was still watercooled, so no leaks to worry about, the 81 YZ125 had the radiator on the forks but don't remember if they used to the steering stem to route the flow on the 125.

In the Craigslist pic, is it just me or does it look like the front brake cable is running down the right side fork leg? If so, it must not be hooked up to the brake?

I'd like to check out an 83- 84 YZ250 someday...mag tests had the 84 YZ ranked above the 84 RM250 and I really like my 84 RM250.

I keep forgetting which year YZ had the Z-spokes...was that 83 or 84?

Hey speaking of old YZs....does anybody happen to know if MXA ever did a full test on the 81 YZ250. I've looked for a mag test on the 81 YZ250 for years and I can only find mag reviews on the 1980 and 1982 YZ250.

The 81 YZ250 was still watercooled, so no leaks to worry about, the 81 YZ125 had the radiator on the forks but don't remember if they used to the steering stem to route the flow on the 125.

In the Craigslist pic, is it just me or does it look like the front brake cable is running down the right side fork leg? If so, it must not be hooked up to the brake?

I'd like to check out an 83- 84 YZ250 someday...mag tests had the 84 YZ ranked above the 84 RM250 and I really like my 84 RM250.

I keep forgetting which year YZ had the Z-spokes...was that 83 or 84?

Know you were thinking air cooled but it came out as water cooled for the '81. Z spokes on the '84.

Sure enough, I got discombobulated on my cooling speak there :)

I've not really heard anything good about the z spoke setup...I wonder if there as bad as their reputation? Anybody had z spokes and lived with them for an extended period of time without breaking a hub?

For what it's worth, I have a complete, ridden hard '84 250 project and a '84 125 rolling chassis with all their Z spokes still in place.

My Rocket Robin/Z-man tuned IT200 has Z-spokes......they look lots better than the junk hub they are laced to.....I had to get another front wheel assembly as there was zero hope for the worn out brake drum on the original...

KO...Mike, thanks for feedback on your experience with the z-spokes. The stuff I had read lead me to believe that it was only a matter of time before z-spoke hubs would crack.

There's 2 old bikes I'm currently interested in and would like to own at some point...an 84 YZ250 and an 81 490 Maico. Based on what the Maico sells for, it's more likely I'll come across an affordable 84 YZ before finding a Maico. The z-spoke thing had been making me think twice about the 84 YZ250.

Back