Need Some Help!

SScarvelli215

PR Member
I am tring to get a bike set up with cages on it and I am at the point where I have to set the brakes up so I can use them all by the front brake. I just dont know what i need to do to get the front and back to work off the front brake. Can anyone help me. If so please email me at scarvelliscott@yahoo.com or shoot me a tx at 440 three two eight 7370 Thanks Scott Scarvelli

My guess would be a proportioning valve and maybe a stronger master cylinder like off of a sport bike or a quad or just try stock and see if it has the juice. Some street bikes have the proportioning valve and you can buy one and retro fit it to make it work. Here is an example. http://compare.ebay.com/like/200655230188?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y Basically it takes one input and delivers two output lines. They also sell adjustable ones so you can tinker with the pressure to get the right balance. you just have to look around for, you can buy automotive ones at summit and jegs. I know summit has great customer service and if you call they can probably help you get one that you can make work.

Better yet Jegs sells a proportioning valve with a distribution valve built in. It has 2 master cylinder inputs so plug one of them, 2 front brake outputs so plug one of them and 1 rear output. So get your stainless line, fittings and this product and fabricate it, you will be able to adjust the front/rear bias.

Scott, run an auto clutch and put the rear brake where the clutch lever was. I am sure you could use a Hydraulic clutch from a KTM to act as rear master cyclinder....just a thought.
It would also keep your brakes independant from each other so you could slide the back around.I dont think it would take you long to adapt to it either, and if you did pull the brake thinking it was the clutch (brain fart)..the auto clutch would keep it running.

I am tring to get a bike set up with cages on it and I am at the point where I have to set the brakes up so I can use them all by the front brake. I just dont know what i need to do to get the front and back to work off the front brake. Can anyone help me. If so please email me at scarvelliscott@yahoo.com or shoot me a tx at 440 three two eight 7370 Thanks Scott Scarvelli

You need to get ahold of Jim King. I know Jimmy has been out on a bike like your talking about.

I have a 08 Suzuki C109R Cruiser 7 it has a Proportioning valve on it. It applies the front brake when you hit the rear. Not sure if it would work for what you want, but it might be a place to start.
Good Luck

I wonder if you can convert one. My front brake on my crotch rocket applied rear brake as well.

you could just use a rear handbrake and place it above or below the clutch lever...I think you would adapt to that relatively quickly.

I'm prett sure they make something that when you squeeze the front brake the rear goes also. Ask on thumpertalk I know there are some riders on there that are in same boat as you.

I run a shorty clutch right over top of a rear hand brake on a streetbike. It's real weird for a while but you get used to it, and when you do you can get used to using them both at the same time if you position the levers correctly. Good luck with whatever setup you do!

Back