2012 district 11 schedule is up

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
Chilitown is doing alot of things right in many ways. Promotion & prep are as good as it gets. They have 600 rv hookups. They have an army of people working and flagging even open practice. It's probably the best fair track ever built. I would love to see them expand the track in 2012 to be more like what Mid-Ohio had going on. You could still satisfy the fair series but with that kind of facility and a bigger track I can see them easily getting a local or regional.

Woody

PR Addict
They didn't use the MX track during the fair. I'm assuming it's b/c there were no lights and AMS promoted the event. Maybe when lights are added they will use that track during the fair and/or it wont be an AMS race?

As far as 2012 AMS has a fair race scheduled at the Ross Co. Fair.

mblair

PR Founding Father
I never said I hate D11. I have raced atleast 15 D11 events over the past 2 years, and enjoyed it more than most. I was just in some fantasyland that things may improve but I have seen the light.

Its not the "district" that is the problem. The "district" really doesn't do anything more than keep points from all the tracks that are members. Its the tracks groups and the promoters that control everything. The District is just a figurehead for points, if they go away it will still be the same tracks in the area with the same people running them just in an outlaw format which won't change how they do things.

I am in no way defending the district either. As a matter of a fact not even sure i raced a District race this year but i have been in and around District 11 since the early 80's. I remember back when i thought i could make a difference and even went to a few meetings and thats when i figured out that the District has ZERO control over what happens.

Just a little FYI i guess, take it as you want.

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
They didn't use the MX track during the fair. I'm assuming it's b/c there were no lights and AMS promoted the event. Maybe when lights are added they will use that track during the fair and/or it wont be an AMS race?

As far as 2012 AMS has a fair race scheduled at the Ross Co. Fair.

The Ross County Fair Race is ran by AMS and that is a deal that is between the fair board and AMS. Could we run the fair race on our track? Probably so but it would not be that easy. The Ross County Fair is one of or if not the biggest camping fair in Ohio with well over 1400 campers. If we were to run the race on our track there would be no where to pit with all of the fair campers taking up the pit area. Aside from that AMS does a really good job and they already draw great crowds. We would not want to mess that up.

Our goal at Chillitown is to expand and make the track a premier location locally and nationally, but in order to do that we need the continued support from the riders and spectators. As of right now we only have two races on the schedule for next year but we will have a total of six races. Four of them are Saturday night races. Because of the way our facility is structured we thought we owed it to everyone to atleast try to bring back a night series to the area. Hopefully we can draw some great gates and big spectator turn outs. We hope to have the night race dates announced very soon.