A sobering weekend..... Benefit to be planned

Burch753

PR Member
The many of you who know us accept us as the Yahoos that are crazy on pitbikes because either we arent allowed to touch big bikes anymore (wives' call) or we are too out of shape to even think about it! During one of our weekly bar banging rituals at BigHorn indoor this last friday one of us went down hard!

Our best Friend Cody Scott crashed in his normal spectacular fashion after slightly casing the triple, landing on his feet as usual. Then My bro-in-law and mutual best friend ran right into the back of him full speed! Thank goodness one of us is a paramedic and I also work in the medical field, because Cody refused to go into the ER. After convincing Cody to go to Knox Community Hospital (BAD IDEA!) he was then ambulanced to Columbus for surgery, Cody suffered severe lascerations both superficially and internally in the worst of locations! He underwent surgery and is currently recovering well at Grant Trauma unit until he can get drainage tubes removed and begin to eat on a regular schedule.

The long and the short of it is he will be out for quite a while, probably for one if not both of the famed Summit pitbike money races. He is layed off of work this time of year as he is a Mechanic at Mid Ohio Honda and winter months bring zero business. We would like to plan a pitbike race/ride day benefit for him twards the end of January beginning of Feb. at Bighorn. After we pay for the facilty for the night all proceeds will go to him help cover the financial burden of spending a week in the most expensive hotel avalable, haha. We already have a couple bikes being donated for raffle and tons of other stuff to be given away.

Give feedback on ideas of what you think will work the best for everyone!

Thanks,
-Aaron-

Thanks guys! I will keep everyone posted on the dates and plans for the benefit.

I actually got to bring Cody home from Grant last night (way too soon in my opinion) still suffering through bleeding and pain..... Good in spirit though, the man-love jokes have begun! lol.

Sucks to hear about a guy injured on pit bikes.... isn't he the shorter kid that cleaned up a couple times at BC? I never met him before those races. Nice kid. I'll plan on coming to Big Horn-y when I see the race posted.

Just for the record Aaron-- it's not always that we are out of shape, or not allowed to ride big bikes. In my case, I've got a house, yard, job, pets... etc, and I'm going to be 43 at the end of the month. I just don't feel comfortable sticking my neck out riding or racing big bikes anymore. That's where it started, but I can't kid ya- I've been having alotta fun riding mini bikes. If I do happen to swing a leg over a 125, I stick to easy tracks.

Get better quick Cody! --L*64

Yeah, Grant did a great job and had surgeons ready to roll at 2:30am Saturday morning!

Lucky=> yep! Cody is the kid that we all have a hard time beating if he keeps it on two wheels.... He is confined to his couch as we speak, but seems to be recovering well. I wil be in touch with the BigHorn admin. within the week on final details of everything. I should be able to design the track specifically for this event and it was awesome racing last year!

My prayers for a speedy recovery. If anything, this story should reaffirm the idea that pit bike are not dangerless and harmless toys, and should be taken seriously when it comes to safety. Riders should always wear at least minimum appropriate ride gear. One of my pet peeves is pit racers in "costumes" to amuse the spectators that could easily leave them skinless in case of a mishap.

My prayers for a speedy recovery. If anything, this story should reaffirm the idea that pit bike are not dangerless and harmless toys, and should be taken seriously when it comes to safety. Riders should always wear at least minimum appropriate ride gear. One of my pet peeves is pit racers in "costumes" to amuse the spectators that could easily leave them skinless in case of a mishap.
Thank you for your prayers! Believe me costumes are one of our pet peeves too! We always wear protective gear, even when on our front yard track on crf50's..

hope to see him back on the bike soon enough , makes me sick to not see him racing summit wit his talent on a pitbike ! Well cya at the benefit race

Back