NEMX-Barefoot Kids Day Bash 12/31

NikkiNEMX

PR Addict
Barefoot Kids Day Bash will be on saturday 12/31 New Year's Eve
10am-4pm
85's, 65's, & 50's
$35.00 per rider
Remember this is a pot luck so bring a dish to share!!

Can I come if I don't wear boots ?!

Thats cool I'm gonna bring my brother And my little cousin. They should get tons of seat time that day. I like these age exclusive ride days. Really cool.

Hey Nikki....You said last year you were gonna CUT the price.......I see you did extend the time on it but...TONS of kids showed up and they split the practice into 700 different groups and we did NOT get 35 dollars worth of riding time this last year.... You said you did not know it would be so big and would adjust the price for this year.......Every other year was cool cuz there was only a hand full of kids and you got TONS of track time....We got LESS then a regular ride day and payed MORE! You can rent the whole place for 4 hours for 500 dollars....but you charged 50 kids $35 each?? Not sure that adds up....Just asking per our conversation LAST New Years Day.......Dont get me wrong..... It is a good time, with good food and good friends...I was just surprised to see the price stayed the same........We have supported it since the first year that Tim Smith started the New Years day ride.....It's called barefoot day now Are they providing stuff or is that just the Name of the ride? It was called that last year too , I know they gave out shirts, Two years in a row they ran out BEFORE My boy got one. Just wanted you take on it Nik.....

Hey motodad024,
we were thinking about heading that direction for barefoots kid bash.......but you have me thinking......I know of a couple riders that would be interested in starting a smaller ride night if you guys are game.... $500 for 4 hours sounds good to me and I am in for 2 riders,$100 bucks..... A few fast phone calls and BANG!!!! we know enough 65 and 85 riders from both states that would love to get together on a quiet afternoon and tear it up...

we have also been there every year since tim smith started it. we got a ton of riding time. there were two groups all on 50's and maybe two or three beginners on 65's. the two groups were just split up between the very fast kids and the kids that werent as fast. so we got to ride 30 minutes per hour. last year maybe 15 minutes per hour. every year we look forward to seeing our friends we havent spent time with in awhile and have a great time. last year we also did not get a shirt and for $35 bucks and if there is as many riders as there were last year, we may pass this year.

We did reduce the price...last year it was regular price of a rental which is $42.00 per person. I said if we can get the same amount of kids like last year we would cut the price and this year we cut the price to $35.00 per rider and we extened the time by 2 hours longer. So the price is cut and we extended the hours. We are not in charge of the shirts...Barefoot are the ones that make them and gives them away for free.

Last year you did pay $42.00 per rider and I am sorry for the shirts...Barefoot makes them and hands them out for free. He doesn't really have a count of kids to go by...so sorry if he didn't have enough. We have tried in the past for people to call Tim and Rob so they can get a count of kids so this wouldn't happen, but not everyone had called.

Also, This is put on by Barefoot and this is a private rental...we helped them out this year by extending the hours and making it cheaper.

Sounds like it is more geared toward the smaller riders on 50s and 65s....even though there is alot of talented riders going there, how fair is it to have a small hand full of 85/150 riders put into the 65 class that has beginners that cannot hold a line....this gets a little nerve racking each time we come out as its hard to tell were to split a group when everyone wants to ride....anyone out there going to bring their 85 riders?

OK Thanks Nikki :) Maybe we will see ya there! Ooops, one more question....How much to ride if your kid is on more than one bike? same price to run the 65 and the 85 and the Pit bike in the beginner class, cuz that was what a LOT of kids did last year, and those kids that brought more than one bike got Tons of laps in, but we had ONE bike and only got in on ONE practice each round..Maybe you can list the classes and such so we know a little more info :)

Hey Watson....we are up for a rental, let us know....And Your RIGHT about the "holding your line" thing....I even announced between rounds that if your kid is NEW please put them in the additon practice they added for the slower kids, but to proud or in denile or something....so you really could not get good laps in cuz A...to many bikes out at once and B....every time you started to get in a groove (every three corners) you came up on a slower kid bla bla bla you know the rest....Still undecided about New years eve....but get ahold of us about rental, and we DEF could get some 65 and 85s to cover cost...

This is Barefoot/Tim Smiths rental and I do not make the classes. They make the classes and I know they try to break them up the best way they can...so it is up to them. The price is only $35.00 it doesn't matter how many bikes you have that day. I know it is hard when a 50 rider is moving up to a 65 and they get to ride 2 classes...I know where you are getting at. But for the rental it is only $35.00 per rider.

Thanks Again Nikkie for getting back to me so quick :) .....I will get ahold of Tim for any additional info...see you soon either way
Happy Holidays to you and your family...

Georgie....It is open to ALL 50 - 65 - 85 cc riders....It's a big ol party a big "Get together" for all the kids.......Everyone brings food and puts it all out, and all day long you grazz and eat and ride and talk....It is a good time, you should give it a try....No matter what your kids riding level is there is someone to ride with :eek:) We have gone since the first one...The whole family likes to go and BS with all our race friends. maybe see you there :)

Hey MX peeps!
Its almost Christmas eve, and I just jumped on Pit Racer and read this thread for the first time. I want everyone to know that this event is about all the kids and all the friends coming together for the Holidays. We will do our best to accommodate every kid regardless of their ability and give them all as much seat time as possible. Barefoot Rob has donated all the kids shirts at the past events, so sorry if he ran short in the past. Each year this event has grown by word of mouth, and last year we had approximately 56 riders. That's a lot of kids, but still less bikes than an average open practice day, so in my opinion its worth it. Everyone is welcome, and we look forward to seeing our old friends and hopefully making some new ones. I now last year I got to meet Lori and Timmy Crosby for the first time at this event, and we ended up buying a 65 from them that has been good to us. If anyone would like to contact me personally with questions, concerns, or ideas on how to make this event an even bigger success, please give me a call on my cell 330 350-6860

Merry Christmas,
Tim

Back