Daytona Amatuer SX

John250

PR Founding Father
Registration is open. They are changing the format to allow more track time it says. No Ricky Charmichael school on Monday. Racing is Sunday and Monday this year.

Registration is open. They are changing the format to allow more track time it says. No Ricky Charmichael school on Monday. Racing is Sunday and Monday this year.
You going down again John? If so good luck, i should be just getting back to work at that time so Daytona isn't in my near future!

Yeah we go down for Bike Week every year so I am going. Have a time share on the beach the first two weeks of March every year. The info is all on MX Sports website. I liked the races being on the backside of bike week, like the first year. Gave Matthew and I a chance to ride a couple days prior to racing. Now it is the first weekend of Bike Week. It is a great time.

$160 dollars a class pre-enter. You guys gettin atleast 4 laps? Figure with practice and 2 motos its about 13 bucks a lap...

Anybody rent a nascar garage? Are those stocked full of tools by chance?

Actually track time was pretty decent in the past......nothing super long, but decent. Says that they are going to try and give more track time this year by going to two day format. Figure what you pay to race a arenacross (national level amatuer day), and it is really not that bad. Besides........it is Daytona! So the way I see it, my son will have memories of racing at Daytona his whole life.

Actually track time was pretty decent in the past......nothing super long, but decent. Says that they are going to try and give more track time this year by going to two day format. Figure what you pay to race a arenacross (national level amatuer day), and it is really not that bad. Besides........it is Daytona! So the way I see it, my son will have memories of racing at Daytona his whole life.
I was lucky enough to race the first one. Now i look back at it in my particular situation I'm glad i did. Yes it was expensive but like John,myself and the friends i went down with have memories forever and not to mention the bench racin stories!

Anyone else planning on racing? I got Matthew and I registered tonight. Spoke with a girl passing out info at the arenacross over the weekend. She was from MX Sports. Told me that by going to two days they were going to have more track time for everyone (but.....also allowing for more riders, who is she kidding). It is always a great time. The registration price includes your pro SX ticket also.

A bunch of us our going again this year it is a blast. Everybody looks at the price and freak out but you get in the gate for 4 days great seats for the pro supercross, pit pass and get to ride inside of Daytona motorspeedway. The people that complain about the price are the same that will go do 3 area qaulifiers and to regionals just to go ride 3 motos all week in tennessee. Or go ride and pay the high prices of indoor racing. I'm just saying it's worth the 160

i looked at the 160 and thought that was actually a good deal for once. i mean 4 days in the gate, figure $10 each day is $40, pit pass another $20 or $30 even.. entry fees (for event like that) $40 or so.. and PRO SUPERCROSS ($50 or whatever tickets are). It adds up right about to the 160... BUT ITS DAYTONA. That event might not be around forever and how many of us can say they got to race inside of daytona? not i!! I want to go do it though..figures again this year, broken!!

I have done it both years so far.....It is worth it. This year might be the best yet with some added track time. After paying regististrations, gate fees for family, etc last night, I am out $625. The girl I spoke to over the weekend from MX Sports said last year, the classes they were turning people away in were the Vet classes. So I look for the Vet classes to be very large this year for sure. But I dont remember there being a 40+A class last year.......so it will be nice to not have the keith Johnsons, Barry Carstens, and Earl Mays of the world in 40+ this year.

I heard as a bonus that Bubba was going to be there both days practicing with the anyone who signs up....you still gonna go John ? LOL....

Back