wheels / hubs

Stacy, you should look up lacing and tru'ing. Its very very easy. I've done all my wheels.

I taught myself how to lace and true wheels. Very easy if you have a dial indicator and some sort of stand for it. I simply put the wheel back on the bike and strap it down so it cant move any.

As for brand i would recommend buying Excel A60 rims with heavy duty spokes. Get your hubs powerdercoated for the bling factor and you will have wheel combo that is as good as any out there.

i laced and trued up wheels on my 50.. much smaller but same idea. im sure i can handle it.

Got me re-thinking about the DNAs now. The price sure is better than the rest (half of kite/talon/rad). i think it will be easier to resell whole wheels than just used rims. if i get new rims then my stock ones will probably sit for a while. if i sell off both stock wheels i can put minimum $ into a new set of DNAS.. or at least a dent in the cost of the nicer ones if i go that route lol

luckily i still have pins and my foot and i got time to decide!! thx again for all the input.

also pricing out a60s w/ heavy duty spokes.. comes in right under 500 anyways. thats a full new wheel set from DNA. and then on top of that lacing them up. and paying for powdercoat for the hubs.

i wish anodizing the stock hubs was an option. TCR says they wont do it because it doesnt come out right.

When I did my wheels last season, I was hoping to be able to anodize the hubs and not worry about the chipping from the powdercoat.

I talked to an anodizer and they also told me if they tried to anodize the stock hub (07 KX250F) it would not turn out the way I wanted it..

im lost... arent the aftermarket hubs anodized? not powdercoated....

The stock hubs are cast while most aftermarket are machined from billet or extruded. The anodizing takes differently to each process.

something with it being pure aluminum or something... not sure. i think i read soemthing like that off TCR's site.

I think the anodizing looks much better than the powder for hubs

You can make cast hubs look like billet hubs with powder coating. Its a 2 part process and they make just about any color in transparent powder, if your interested in going that route let me know and i can do it

from what i'm hearing, theres very few sets of hubs that are going to be as light as stock. so im considering going that route. i wasn't aware of this transparent powder, I'll look into that. Its that or it comes down to last min and I just order a set of the kites. I really want them the most lol. or TCR.

transparent colors give the anodized look and will need a silver base applied first! I found a local supplier this week and can get almost any color on the market today, hope this helps with your situation.

I used to have blue DNA wheels on my bike and sold them to get black Warp9 wheels and both of them have work great for me.

Had DNA's on my 450 bought them new great price, good people to work with and had no issues used them for over 2 seasons.

DSCN0603.jpg

Bought a set of DNA's for my 250F a few years ago.. they held up for the year I ran them.

Seemed a bit heavier but that was to be expected.

It doesn't look as though either of them are done...a good bit of sanding and polishing to be done on them. Then you'll really know how they look

Powder coated items can not be wet sanded and buffed out like a car clear, the hub is a satin black and the swingarm is a 60% gloss black.

Back