Splitrail SX ride report!

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
So it was my B-day the other day, and I figured I owed it to myself to go off and have a good time riding somewhere. I've been meaning to get to the 'Rail-- so I loaded up the truck and headed out last night.

The place is DAMN nice!! It's actually bigger, newer, and brighter than what I was thinking it would be. There's a heated observation area too. The track layout is absolutely fun as hell. I've been to alotta pit bike tracks, and events-- and I have to say that while I enjoy riding at all the indoor venues, Splitrail has been the best indoor pit bike track I've ever been to. Ted has done a helluva job with the track. There were about 20 riders last night-- most on $5-600 stock 50's and 110's. You don't need an expensive mod pit bike to have a good time. If you have kids that ride minis to 85's, they'll love the track too.

Another suprise is that I got there in and hour and 45 minutes from Medina-- way closer than I thought it was. If you have any sort of pit bike sitting around, or you can sneak your kids bikes out-- I'd definitely recommend dusting it off and hitting up Splitrail. No disappointments at all here. Pics to come. --L*64

A freind and i went for the first time in 4 or 5 years last night. We were on stock 50s and stock110s. I was able to jump everything on a stock 50, and rode a buddys built up bbr bike for a few laps, all bikes being equally fun. I will have to try and Make it back down there a couple more times this winter

Yep-- i saw ya. I managed to crash about 5 times somehow... haha! It was kinda slippery in spots. Plus- I had a little trouble plowing over berms with the big 'ol 150F. I'd prolly have been better off with my 110, but the suspension sucks on that bike for now. I imagine I'll head out a few more times myself. --L*64

Back