2003 yz125 cylinder

cory #197

PR Member
I just got a 2003 yz125 for a fair price. Top end siezed... It was a rider mistake. Bottom end is all good no problems there, but my cylinder head has a Small chip right by one of the ports. What would be the easiest and cheapest way to get it fixed or replaced? My friends tell me to get it nickel plated/ honed out, and what is the piston kit out there?

I had US Nicom in Wisconsin fix a TRASHED 03 YZ125 cylinder for me a year ago. Cost was $210 + shipping. I sent them a new Wiseco Pro Lite with the cylinder. US Nicom will sell you a piston or you can send one with your damaged cylinder. The finished product looked better than new.

You will likely get about 30 different opinions regarding "which piston is best". Pick one.

I am sure Marc and Pit, among others, will weigh in espousing the benefits of Eric Gorr's 144 kit. That is also an option, and does not cost much more beyond a standard repair / replate.

Thanks for that info!!! But I hear that boring it will make it heat up easyuer, so I decided I'm gonna buy stock piston kit and stock cylinder

Back