A three month project is finished

Tom

PR Elite
I finally finished my three month project but I am concerned it is too small! Either that or too many toys!

Attachments

• 2012 gerage pictures 001.jpg
    2012 gerage pictures 001.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 238
  • 2012 gerage pictures 002.jpg
    2012 gerage pictures 002.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 2012 gerage pictures 004.jpg
    2012 gerage pictures 004.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 2012 gerage pictures 006.jpg
    2012 gerage pictures 006.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 228
  • 2012 gerage pictures 007.jpg
    2012 gerage pictures 007.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 2012 gerage pictures 008.jpg
    2012 gerage pictures 008.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 249
theres never ever ever too many toys!!! looks sweet.

i cant wait until I have a bigger garage. I almost bought a house without a garage, but figured it would have been a pain and I didnt want to deal with building one while trying to get moved in and all that. I regret it because I would have LOVED to been able to build one and do it up all sweet right off the get go. now im stuck with what i got and its definitely not big enough.

Very nice!...clean & tidy. Love the selection of toys. I’m sure made all the more beautiful with the nature surrounding it. Enjoy!

Any garage you ever build is always too small........I would have built bigger for sure with what you have in it!
Is that just at the lake for lake toys though?

I thought Tom was talking about some new digs at the lake a few months back….I figured that’s where the new garage is too..

Sharc, you are right. The garage is at Dale hollow lake in Byrdstown, Tn
The garage is 24x36 with 11' ceiling with 16'x9 door.
John my garage at home is 64x32

08 yz450f 004.jpg

All of it. It is well insalated. Heat with oil furance. Run off road diesel fuel.

Garage looks nice! I'd love to add a 2.5 car garage into my back yard to be my shop. Then my 3.5 car attached garage could actually have cars in it....what's a rough cost of a 2.5 car basic garage?

24x36 11' tall was about 8,500.00 - the floor in materials

Is yours a Pole Barn structure Tom?
From what I've seen and been around that's the way to go if you can do it. (provided if area zoning, your local building codes and or home-owners association will bless it.)

Stud wall garage structures for 2.5 car may list higher not including concrete. Especially if you fancy it up to resemble the home. And often times you'll need a building permit for this type of structure, which are never cheap.

I'll spare you all the details but I built a fancy 12'x16', vaulted ceiling, yard barn to match my house and ended up with $5K wrapped up in it. My labor got thrown in for free.(hee hee).

Many times have had thoughts on building a work shop-garage, but I have too much in my property now. I wouldn't get the money back out of it if I sold the place.

It is a stick building. 16 on center,7/16 osb on the walls then wrap then vinyl siding. I bought 12' 2x4s then I cut to size for my walls.
Inside is 7/16 osb with alot of paint. R19 in the walls and in the ceiling. No footer required. No permit required down there. LOL

Need a LIKE button for that 64x32 garage. Biggest mistake I ever made was letting my wife talk me into only making mine 38X24.

Pole buildings are usually a little cheaper. You can make it a regular pole building without stud walls, or you can use poles to make a foundation and build stud walls off of that. Anyone else need a garage built? I'm working on a price for Georgie's 50x36...

( Need a LIKE button for that 64x32 garage. Biggest mistake I ever made was letting my wife talk me into only making mine 38X24.)

John. When I first build the garage at home the first year it was 32x44. Next year later I added 24 more feet made it 64x32 with garage doors at both ends.

Pole buildings are usually a little cheaper. You can make it a regular pole building without stud walls, or you can use poles to make a foundation and build stud walls off of that. Anyone else need a garage built? I'm working on a price for Georgie's 50x36...

YES but you already know my predicament :D

My garage is far too small.

And I miss Dale Hollow Lake.. haven't been there in years

Back