A1 track layout seemed fine by me...riders thought otherwise?

mooch

PR Elite
I guess I shouldn't be surprised but seems I heard nothing but negative feedback on the A1 layout from the riders (and some fans). Yeah, it wasn't a typical four stroke layout where riders swoop around big bowl turns and keep a consistent flow going but if all the riders have to deal with the same thing, I welcome an occasional change up. It looked more like a mid-80's sx track where a 2 stroke could get some cut and thrust cornering done in the tight stuff.

RV was down with it!

At first I hated it. It didn't seem exciting to watch. As the night went on it grew on me. It seemed 1 lined in a lot of places, but like RC was saying, those corners are begging for passing if you want it.

The track layout made for some interesting passing( Hann on Ratray) and there was a couple passes on the outside lane before the finish line jump! The only thing that seemed weird to me was the couple singles at the end of the rythem sections

the track layout i think had alot to do with getting them all through with out ending some of their seasons early. racing was kinda lame but they all left healthy.

I thought it was cool to see something different. Gave it more of a motocrossy feel with different types of turns and a big double, and not just back and forth with 180 degree turns like many of them. Didn't seem like RV had any problem with it!

i thought it looked cool. but im sure riding it is totally different. reed had said it was hard to stay motivated to racing it or something along those lines.

I thought the corner layout, and the "s" type corners create way too much one lined racing. I did not like the track.

I thought the corner layout, and the "s" type corners create way too much one lined racing. I did not like the track.

Yea it really made for no exciting bar to bar racing. I like watching guys set eachother up for passes in two to three consecutive corners. You just couldnt do that last night.

I thought it was good. 3 rider battle for 2nd until what lap 15 or so? Here where I live I heard the same. Everyone thought it was a crap track. But I will tell you what, if you complain about a track at the local level, everyone tells you to deal with it. Racing is Racing, is what they say. I just don't get it. I went to a race at Big Game this past year and the conditions were deplorable. I was criticized for being to hasty in my judgement on here. Even though I won my class, I thought it was about the worst track I rode on since the 70's. Dust was so thick I could cut it with a knife!

These guys are pros. They make their living on the bike. Good or bad, they all have the same thing to deal with and being prepared for all circumstances is just the part of being a professional athlete. They get paid, and some make a good living doing this, so I think that they should race with out complaining. RACING IS RACING. At least at the pro level.

There is a difference between the Lay-out of a track and the condition of the track. The layout is what people didn't like.

I dont understand why they cant just build the tracks like back in the day of RC and James, i mean go back and watch those races, those tracks were fairly well thought out and designed, dirt wurx (im pretty sure thats who used to build them) did a hell of a job back then, now they're too afraid of riders going fast and getting hurt, because of how quick james and ricky were going, and even like poto and townley, now they're trying to make it more technical and safer(or more technical and easier for some crashes *ahem* .:cough:. nascar .:cough:. wants to get more of a show with more wrecks is how i feel) but hey what're we gonna do, but sit back and complain

I really liked it, but I do think it was pretty 1-lined. Not really that many places to pass.

I thought the track totally sucked and did not really allow for anyone to make up time. I knew the second I saw it that if any decent rider got a good holeshot they would probably win. half the guys in practice were hardly seperated by any time at all. Even if Stewart passed Rees there was no way to catch rv. The track just seemed very ackward

Back