Look at that RM125 Jump!

The craziest part to me is how high he gets and with how much force he comes down with. You'd think he would have tried to have used a little smaller launch angle.

He probably does not have the Robbie Madison engineers figuring out the speed, angle, height, etc etc etc. That looks like a back yard guy.

I'm sure there was some calculation involved. I don't think it's humanely possible to "gut-judge" that Jump.

Unchangeable steel ramp + constant wfo bike. Still, that's some hang time.

He must have been running as 17 tooth sprocket on the front and 25 tooth sprocket on the rear! Man was he hauling!

I don't want this to sound like I don't think that kind of a jump is a big deal, but I am curious to hear from those who have hit metal ramps.

With them being so smooth and predictable, is it any easier than dirt jumps? For me, the scary part of jumping is not knowing how a kicker may cause my back end to kick, or step out to the side on take off, etc. With metal ramps, is it really just a matter of getting the right speed, or can they still throw you weird?

Again, I would never attempt such a thing and I am not trying to take anything away from those guys. Just curious.

It might be my mistake, but I think Sharc was referring to a "Liability Insurance Testing Prop", not an exact duplicate copy of that ramp / landing at BC. Maybe you could build a 150FT tall Slip and Slide into a pond that's only 8 feet deep to see how good your insurance is. I've been wrong before though. so you never know.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q7AlR4Vb3fM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

looks like he has been doing distance jumps for awhile, 65cc and 85cc

Wow. If anyone should write a textbook on backflips its that kid. His body position is like a phenomenon. So perfect in his movements.

I don't want this to sound like I don't think that kind of a jump is a big deal, but I am curious to hear from those who have hit metal ramps.

With them being so smooth and predictable, is it any easier than dirt jumps? For me, the scary part of jumping is not knowing how a kicker may cause my back end to kick, or step out to the side on take off, etc. With metal ramps, is it really just a matter of getting the right speed, or can they still throw you weird?

Again, I would never attempt such a thing and I am not trying to take anything away from those guys. Just curious.

I had a freestyle ramp set around 65-70 feet about 8 or 9 years ago... I never had the ramp throw me weird one time. It's the same and perfect take off everytime.

Looks like a future Robbie Madison in the making there. He'll be doing Red Bull NYE No Limits in a short time by the looks of that Video!

Back