Unadilla MX To Host Massive Vintage Off Road Event June 1-3, 2012

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
For Immediate Release

Unadilla MX To Host Massive Vintage Off Road Event June 1-3, 2012

New Berlin, NY (January 11, 2012): Unadilla MX, one of the oldest and historically significant Motocross racetracks in the world, is pleased to announce a new event for the 2012 season taking place on June 1-3. Called "MX Rewind", the three day festival will focus on vintage machines and will serve as a platform to celebrate over forty years of racing history at Unadilla.

With three full days of entertainment scheduled, this event is being designed to appeal to both racers and the fans of racing alike. Those who attend this event as a fan can expect to watch AHRMA vintage racing (both on the pro track and through the woods), browse a massive vintage swap meet, see a huge display of vintage show motorcycles, camp out on the scenic Unadilla hillsides, all while rubbing elbows and bench racing with some of the most popular legends of the past. There will be much more added to the entertainment list in the coming weeks.

For those looking to test their metal, the AHRMA sanctioned vintage motocross races will take place on the famed Unadilla national track, which is generally off limits to anyone who is not a pro rider. Additional promoter vintage classes will be added, as well. Recognizing that the bikes of yesterday are not the bikes of today, the track will be reworked by a former MX National Champ into a vintage friendly track. There will also be several other forms of racing, some very unique, which will be added to the racing schedule in the coming weeks too.

The early list of celebrities that are scheduled to attend reads like a who's-who of Motocross: Brad Lackey, Gary Jones, Marty Smith, Ron Lechien, Jimmy Weinert, and Gunnar Lindstrom are amongst the early list of guests.

"This is a brand new event for us, one that we are crafting as a "lifestyle" type event, says Greg Robinson, part of the Robinson Family who are the owners of Unadilla. "It is designed to appeal to all fans of motorcycling, whether it is dirt or street. Our natural focus will have an emphasis on the off road portion, but we want to make it clear that everyone who is a fan of motorcycles is invited to come out and enjoy the weekend. Robinson also added, "While racing is an integral part of our dna, and it will be large part of this event, there will also be much more to experience from a pure entertainment standpoint. We hope all of our longtime fans of Unadilla will come out, camp, and enjoy a fun weekend with us at the track."

Make sure you make your camping reservations with us and block off the weekend of June 1-3! Information is being added and updated on a regular basis, so please check the Unadilla website frequently for more information: www.unadillamx.com.

About Unadilla MX: Unadilla MX began promoting Motocross races at its current facility in New Berlin, NY in 1969. Run by the Robinson Family since its inception, Unadilla hosted the "Inter Am", Trans Am, Trans USA, and began hosting the 250cc U.S. Grand Prix in 1978. It was the first track in the U.S. to host the prestigious MX des Nations in 1987, and has been a stop on the American Pro National MX circuit since 1992. All historically significant MX riders in the world have strapped on the leather and kicked the lever at Unadilla.

# # #

At this age, I'm not going to miss the chance to ride that track...$150 is worth it for me.

At this age, I'm not going to miss the chance to ride that track...$150 is worth it for me.

Mosher is totally right...cost shouldn't be a factor when you consider this is the first
time I've ever heard of them allowing anyone the opportunity to ride the national track.
It's a lifetime opportunity, IMO.

They've had Loretta Lynn Regionals on the National track before......

I'm just playing devil's advocate here.....everyone likes to complain about cost of AMA membership, etc....

Like Dave, I plan to be at Red Bud that weekend anyway.

In 1994~1996 AHRMA hosted some really nice tracks such as Unadilla, Southwick, Honda Hills, Road Atlanta, Hollister and Budds Creek. You are in for a treat, I can remember sitting on the line waiting for the ok to practice, looking at the handle bar high tall grass and huge rocks. What a track.
You WILL totally love gravity cavity especially coming up the other side and taking air....remembering all those pros who did the same junp, iconic photos of Hannah, Magoo. The mind blowing battle in the mud with Hannah on a 125.
Go now while you can my friends.

YO AHRMA361 can you say 125 snore rental for me........

JZ

If we are not at the Red Bud regional we will be there . With two guys riding (Jack and myself) the cost for me is double . Cost has never been a determining factor for us traveling to AHRMAEvents. Our decisions were purely support classes ( jack is almost 16 ) which will not be an issue anymore and scheduling . Last year we got our feet wet trying to qualify for Lorrettas and are going to try again this year. If we can make this one we will .

Work schedule around that time might make it rough for me to get even a few days off, but if I'm able to take a few days off...I REALLY wanna check it out!

That is one track I awlays wanted to race & never got to. Cool part about some of the AHRMA tracks is they were (are) National tracks at one point

AHRMA is $45 for for 1st class & $30 for 2nd one = $75 for 2 classes.

Yeah, I hear you on the doubled cost when you have a kid racing but it is priceless!
Two riders & two classes are 150 bucks, plus gas & room but worth every penny.

If we are not at the Red Bud regional we will be there . With two guys riding (Jack and myself) the cost for me is double . Cost has never been a determining factor for us traveling to AHRMAEvents. Our decisions were purely support classes ( jack is almost 16 ) which will not be an issue anymore and scheduling .

Waitaminute.. Has AHRMA changed the "no kids" rule? I stopped running AHRMA races so I could ride with my kid (about to be 15). But there are bikes in the garage he could ride if he was allowed. Maybe I should have stayed a member???

Or am I misunderstanding what you said. Can kids run support classes at AHRMA nationals now?

Go fast. Take chances.
Mike S.

There were a handful of tracks that let 15 and under run with support classes. These events my son could run at. Some promoters would run support classes that ha to be 16 and up. It depended upon the track owner.this was in 2009 .

I have e-mailed them letters over the past few years & hear back about youth and insurance but local track run them so what gives.

Enjoy AMRMA MX while it is here because the old are getting older & passing on without any youth to replace them....well we see a picture they don't.

Beside how many people want to but don't get involved because their kids can't race?

I say add 50, 65, 80 & 125 classes for kids 16 and under while keeping them split away from the old farts.
Yeah a longer day but they are done by 1 or 2 in the afternon anyway so big deal to add a few hours to the day which might be enough to make it worth
while for a track to host an event.

Another good point is old bikes prices stay about the same so no huge dollar loss the buy & sell bikes.
Had my 76 250 for 5 years & can get maybe $600 less that what I have in it total. What would an 07 450f be worth right now...about 5k less than new?

Something for everyone with an old bike as there are mini & other classes for up to 1996!

http://www.unadillamx.com/rewind/

UNADILLA ADDED CLASSES:
These classes will run their first moto on Saturday at the conclusion of both of the AHRMA motos.
The second moto will run on Sunday at the conclusion of the AHRMA racing program.

Retro 1: Front disk rear drum machines , all displacements, (A, B, C levels) bikes from 1978-1996
Retro 2: Dual disk break machines up to 1996 all displacements (A, B C levels) bikes from 1978-1996
Retro Age: includes Retro 1 and 2 combined, age classes: Open age, 30, 40, 50, 60 (A, B, C levels) bikes from 1978-1996
School Boy: 12-15 year olds; bikes from 1978-1996
Women: 85 cc and up 1978-1996
125 Junior Modern: 2 stroke 125 2 strokes and 150 4 strokes. This class is only for racers ages 12-16 whose parent(s) have entered one or more cross-country, vintage, post vintage or promoter support classes on Saturday and/or Sunday.
250 Junior modern: 250f 4 strokes This class is only for racers ages 12-16 whose parent(s) have entered one or more cross-country, vintage, post vintage or promoter support classes on Saturday and/or Sunday.
85cc Modern: Open only to 7-12 year olds whose parent(s) have entered one or more cross-country, vintage, post vintage or promoter support classes on Saturday and/or Sunday.
Mini: Pre 1975 minibikes, 100cc 2-stroke and OHV 4-stroke, All minibikes with a max wheel size of 16”. No limits for flathead motors. Suspension max 4” front and 3” rear. This class does not split by ability or age.
Retro Mini: 1978-1996, 100cc 2-stroke and OHV 4-stroke, All minibikes with a max wheel size of 16”. No limits for flathead motors. Suspension max 4” front and 3” rear. This class does not split by ability or age.

Back