My moto pup.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
My moto mutt.

Ive been wanting an F1 labradoodle for a while, but didn't want to pay the price for it. Well I stopped into a dog shelter tuesday and they just got one in. I wanted to take her home that day, but they said she needed to see the Vet and I could place a Bid on her.Well friday rolls along and I was outbid by one person. I figured I wouldn't get her. But when the other bidder brought their dog in, he didn't like her and was growling so the lady let me have her. And the guy behind me gave me his contact info to call him if it doesnt work out. I couldn't believe I got her. I paid just $95 dollars for a 9 mo old Labradoodle. Breeders charge between 350-700 a piece for these. And the shelter Chipped, Vaccinated and Registered her including that price of $95.

I named her Zee Zee, so when I call her it sounds like a 2 smoke going through a whooop section. Zee-zee-zee-zee-zee-zee-zee. Stupid maybe, but I thought it was cool. What are some of your moto mutts named?

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 170
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 162
Very cool,rescued dogs are always the best!Its like they know they are getting a 2nd chance...

I have 2 Springer Spaniels,Bradshaw & Dash.

Nice looking pooch, I'm pretty sure that is the same breed as the Lotts family K9. Yours reminds me of my own Giant Schnauzer in the face appearance.

She has had 3 accidents in the house. It's hard to figure out her ''pre-pee'' ritual. She just instantly starts going. If i take her out and say lets go potty she will go outside as well.

She's already fetching a ball and bringing it back. She stays by my side without a leash. Any of you have tips on how to potty train them? I've been taking her out every 20 minutes and saying "Outside, lets go potty." She goes, but not alot. It's almost like she goes and holds her bladder and stops.

She did go #2 outside earlier today. I keep trying to reinforce her when she goes outside. She is very energetic and gentle, you can yank on her ears, pull her tail and play with her feet and she could careless. No growls, no whimpers. i even have her going into her cage after we go outside already just in this first day. I would seem to me the potty training would be easier than fetching and going into her cage without me dragging her in....I've never trained a dog, so i'm doing it on a whim. Any tips would help me out!!

You have to keep the dog in the crate unless you are actively watching her at all times. Some people think it's mean but they do learn quickly to love it as the crate becomes their space. When you let her out of the crate you need to immediately take her out doors and keep her there untill she does her business. She just might be nervous to after going through a few different homes and such.
My latest Giant (Rex) was very easy to crate train and would sleep in it at my office with the door wide open. The second he woke up and walked out of it we went outside and he learned quickly. He would still sleep in it today if he could still fit inside.
444.jpg

I agree 100% Fox. Most dogs will look for things and places to call “theirs”…
Though I would like to add that some take better to Crates than others. We’ve had some that despise being closed in and therefore didn’t take well to Crates. But that is easy to tell by their behavior patterns.
My advice (after fostering 8) would be to make sure YOU stay consistent in your routine and behavior with her. Georgie, Just be yourself and don’t treat her like some sort of alien or idiot because she wants to please you and will learn how if you stay consistent in YOUR behavior. Right now she’s completely confused because of all the shuffling that has taken place in her short life. She has had no consistency to pattern any behavior after yet. Lets face it she was allowed to piss IN her area just a few days ago and that is something she truly doesn’t want to do.
Just be patient and consistent (that includes all the people that come in contact with her) (don’t let them …let her do things you don’t want her to learn.) and she will come around in no time….Enjoy her!

She is a wonderful dog. Already, i'm amazed at her.

I ask her to go out about every 20 minutes, I think this is the wrong way to go about it, I'm going to try everytime I let her out of the cage to immediately go outside.

When I bring her in after potty time, she immediately goes into her cage after I say: "Go in your house." This is after day 1. I don't have to drag her in there. Like my last dog, all he wanted to do was run run run run. All this one wants to do is stay by my side and that's exactly how I would prefer her to be.

I am going after a purely positive training regimen, besides "No." I'm not using newspaper or striking her at all. I think she's responding way better to all the positives than to introduce her to a negative regiment when she does do something bad.

But she hasn't tried to chew cords, and she took a sniff and a few licks at the foot stool and I told her No and she immediately backed off it.

The only thing that I can say to No to her is when she pee's inside. I have noticed that she doesn't pee much when she does go, I'm going to talk to the vet about that tomorrow morning. Thanks for the input Marc, you hit it right on the head when you said she was allowed to piss where she was living. That makes perfect sense. She's so smart it wouldnt' surprise me if she was potty trained within the next 7 days. (then again, everyone thinks their Dog is a genious I think. :) )

Ive got my chocolate lab " Hershey " and now a 10 month old Weimeriner " Zelig " .. Z for short. But the kids call him Z Z so I think you copied me georgie ! LOL

Ha, that's ok. The kids will be accalamted to her name then when they see her at the track. Does she respond to 2 strokes in whoop sections?

61948_10150244418155411_863375410_14639426_4295552_n.jpg61948_10150244418150411_863375410_14639425_195275_n.jpg

Those are my two pups.. The German Shepard name is Thor, we got him from a family in Cleveland.. He is 100 pounds, his dad I guess was from Germany, hes a big boy but also a HUGE sissy hah, we trained him in a few weeks to not go in the house, had him from when he was a pup, hes a good boy just really hard headed. My other one is Lilly she is an American Bulldog/mix.. Another baby as well, they are suspose to be out watch dogs but they both are afraid of there own shadow.. They both have been to the track and love all the people and attention!

There are other methods to potty train without using a crate.. I have never "crate trained" and have raised a few dogs in my time. Usually after a couple weeks of routine bathroom visits they start to get the picture.

The crate training makes me at ease when we aren't home. I don't want her to tear the house up. She had a go at my work boot but i stopped her before she got the sweet taste of leather. And she nibbled a bit on my oak woodframe bed. I can only imagine what she would of done to it if I wasn't home and she was running a muck.

But her being in a crate wouldn't really deter a break-in. I'll ease her out of the crate training thing when she's done be an exploratory puppy.

She’s boredom chewing …..Get her some of those Big Leg Bones, the ones with a little meat still on them. We like to use the real bones so that it develops a habit of tasty chewing, not boredom chewing. Give them to her when she has been good. Take it away after a while so she desires it and equates it with being good.

I've given her Nylabones the past few days. They are tasteless and I bet wood would be similar to the nylabones.

When you say leg bones, are you talking about raw hide? Could you find a link to what you're talking about?

She's developing nicely just in one week. She goes to the door when she wants to go out, starting to chew more. I think she's getting comfortable in the house now.

She listens to me very well, but on the other hand she doesn't listen all that well to my girlfriend. Pretty much ignores her when she says "come, sit" etc. She'll jump up on her, but not me. Any tips on how to get her to obey my girlfriend as well as she obeys me?

Last few days I'm getting alot of Dog training ads popping up on the banners here....

Back