2012 80cc SnoScoot SnoCross season opener.

Zman

PR Addict
Well, I forced round one in before the snow melts and we had just enough to get it done. By days end...we were down to the dirt. Beenridin's venue in N.Ridgeview proved to be awesome!

Small turnout as it was short notice, but we did have 4 sleds for motos. Rocket vowed to get back in for the next round as his nightmares from 2 seasons ago, Zman smoking him, have still not gone away. Other racers were in FLA, had family in town, were working, or had not cleaned dirty sled carbs from sitting all summer. I counted those I sent out invites and should have an additional 8 SnoScoots for future rounds. Could have as many as 12 for future rounds!

Highlights are as follows: Rookie SnoScoot racer and PitRacer Forum member, Hershey, while getting warmed up, decided to do a swan dive off one into a large wet grassy field..the result was he was frozen like a popsicle within 20 minutes. I saw the landing and it looked like he was doing a cannonball into a 3 foot deep swimming pool. His Yamaha sweatshirt was soaked! Wish I had the GoPro running for that, but we were just warming up..no pun intended!

Moto-1 had the Popsicle (Hershey) getting the holeshot. Zman, doubling the camera crew Mitchy (aka) Z-boy, and Beenridin's son, Jack, were left banging bars for second, while Zgirl joined the premier class, at age 12, and learned you have to hold it on it the corners.

Moto-2 had Jack blast out to an early lead with Beenridin chasing and Zman/Zboy combo and Alli working forward from the back.

Moto-3 had Jack stall his sled on the start and Zman and Beenridin blast out to a fast paced 2 lap drag race! Side by side as the video shows the action. Jack eventually caught us...he is just too light, and blasted past!

All in all great day and fun times.

Video clips combined of the festivities. Don't mind the voices...it's just Mitchy and I bantering back in forth as well as me heckling fellows racers.

http://vimeo.com/35120198

Had a blast Z-mzn . Awesome time...cornering is tough on the scoot. I need to hang out more....when the back freezes we will have a much better track. Im also going to move the hot chocolate maker and a few chairs out into the Barn. Thanks Mrs. Debbie for the coffe,drinks and popcorn !

Had a blast Z-mzn . Awesome time...cornering is tough on the scoot. I need to hang out more....when the back freezes we will have a much better track. Im also going to move the hot chocolate maker and a few chairs out into the Barn. Thanks Mrs. Debbie for the coffe,drinks and popcorn !

Yes,using the woods and trails in a track will be excellent! Add to that a few snow jumps and we are all set! Just need some snow!

I agree also...the barn with heat and hot chocolate were great! Can't wait for N. Ridgeville round 2! Tell Debbie thanks for me as well!

Your cornering with come with seat time and Mitchy and I ramming u! For sure, we will be back!

What size scoots are you guys riding Z-man? That looks like a blast!!

Yea, bought these a few years ago to help make winter go fast! They are working out great! Awesome time for kids and adults! Like Pitbike racing in the snow!

The Yamaha SnoScoots were made from like 87-92?....I think! They are 80cc's and go about 33-35mph! I have 3 of them. We did not want full size sleds as that would be no fun and more likely to get hurt on. These are unique and only made by Yamaha.They come in kick start and electric start with kicks starts running between $900-$1100. The electric starts are between $1200-$1500. These make up the lites class for our fun! After 3 seasons with them, I am now gonna start looking into what can be done to squeeze a little more out of the 80cc Riva engine...maybe a Gore port job coming for 2013!

The Yamaha SnoSport is a 125cc! They are hard to find and range from $2,000-$2,700. Same deal in years. They are just a little wider and have a little better suspension! I just got mine a month ago and really like it. More low end grunt, but not much more up top..maybe a couple miles and hour! Have to be sure the track is good on these as they are not available. I heard they make a conversion kit and u can run Scoot track, which are still available! These make our premier class!

I saw there was a group of guys from NH that got together and held weekend battles and thought it would fun to do the same. Think there is about 12 Scoots locally that I know and try to hook up when the snow flys!

Funny thing..noticed someone in NH is selling 20 if them on EBay! Sounds like is is gonna sell them separately. Maybe, I need to add a couple more and get to the half dozen mark!

Great times!

Man I would love to give this a shot. 25 years or quad riding and 5 on bikes should transfer well, never been on a sled.

Man I would love to give this a shot. 25 years or quad riding and 5 on bikes should transfer well, never been on a sled.

Next time we head out, I'll send ya a PM and you can burn some laps on one of mine! I've never ridden quads, but bikes for 30 years! I think I have figured them out and cornering without rolling them seems to be key, not always easy, but key! Hershey can testify to this as we bailed off one and soaked himself! That was his first run out as well. By the end of the day, he was cooking!

Looks like a blast!

Who will be the first one to stuff a 500cc 2 stroker under the hood?

Ha, yeah they are a blast, but because they all go the same speed, unless u weigh a lot less like the kids do! A porting shouldn't make too much of a difference, but I may get torn down by a fellow racer if my sled is too fast! Stock is best and what makes it a blast! I'm better off leaving it alone!

There is someone selling like 21 sno scoots on ebay for 21,000......lol

Yeah, that must be one of the big players in their NH SnoScoot battles I referenced. YouTube NH SnoScoot races and u will see some good stuff! Those are the ones I referenced in my earlier post to this thread. Looks like he will sell individually.

I would love to race one....We used to race honda z50's at the kingdom in brooklyn ohio it was the sweetest mni track around

Oh boy! 3 to 5 inches coming tonight...round 2 is on the horizon! Pit, think your woods and yard will make for a good venue?

Pits place would probably work out good. As long as you didnt end up in the creek! What about across the street too?

Pits place would probably work out good. As long as you didnt end up in the creek! What about across the street too?
Yeah, just need u to bring the Bobcat so we can make a 8ft jump on one side of road and catch on the other. This way we will not mess up traffic patterns...we will just jump the cars!

Hhmmmm IMG_0495.jpg

Back