working on a ktm

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
My least favorite thing to do is officially work on a ktm. Who the heck designed those things?? I know I know, "told you"...

First off, why the awkward sizes for everything? Then.. why on earth is the side plates/airbox all one piece. Horrible. And then to top it off you need to remove the subframe to take it out.

Then while changing out the airbox I realize that the clips that hold on the airbox cover.. are rivited in? Maybe if you buy an OEM airbox it comes with them, but the acerbis I got did not. WTF

ok done venting. take a look at this thing.. owwwwwwwwww :(

407313_10150500120456896_613141895_8868441_875205082_n.jpg

When I graduate I will apply at KTM and work to solve all these problems you speak of. It is cruel and unusual punishment and I won't have common folk like yourself living with the pain.

I'm David Diehl and I approve this message.

In other news, if you don't want that KTM I'll take it off your hands free of charge. Hell, I'll even come pick it up.

I don't want to state the obvious hear but, It appears the rebound setting of your FMF Suspension system is way too stiff causing compression at the end of the stroke.:eek:
I hope this is the worst of it.

hah my foot got the worse part of it, broke 4 bones. they put in 6 pins, 3 external. THat was back the week before thanksgiving. They actually come out next week.

IDK what happened. I destroyed the whole back half of the bike. Broke the end of the subframe off, fender destroyed, side plate cracked, seat broke in half, muffler etc

Good times :)

I would hate to see the rest of the back of the bike.....that is one hell of a hit to destroy the silencer like that....

haah i think the exhaust took the worst hit. the subframe broke off on one side, fender tore about in half.. side plate just damaged from the exhaust bending it out so far i think. other than all the expensie stuff its good to go lol.

at nemx. i tried to triple into the rhythm along the wall and went too far into the 4th one and got all sorts of messed up from there!!! pins come out friday.

Back