unsprung weight? Tire weight..?

The dna set up is pretty good. I ran the dna rim and hub all season only has 1 flat spot in it now(short on a 120" double) They are a little heavier than stock but hold up pretty good and dont notice a difference unless your running the heavy tube and tire. I run millvilles or starcross.

I always think it is kind of funny when your at the track and you hear a couple guys riding in say C class talking about something like this, and you just say to yourself, "really"......

You may be right in some cases, but you don't have to be a fast A rider to feel differences in your bike. I'm a C rider, but I think I have a pretty good feel for my bike. I'm always making suspension tweaks, tire pressure adjustments, etc. between sessions trying to get comfortable.

It's been said on here before, even top pro riders aren't good test riders.

You might also want to consider the " flywheel " effect of the back wheel weight . The heavier it is , the more power it takes to get it turning , but the less likely it is to stall the engine ; kind of like adding actual flywheel weights to smooth out the power delivery . Certainly not as important on larger displacement 2 or 4 strokes but it could mean a lot to less powerful , quicker revving , small bore bikes . I remember in the early 70's the trick mod was to mount your shocks " upside down " with the reservoirs up to reduce unsprung weight . How far we have come !

i can crap out at least 3lbs in the morning before i ride.. im not trying to say i would or wouldnt notice it. i guess IMO it cant hurt... so why intentionally add weight. might as well do the best ya can.

i dont think the weight of powder would stop me from PC'ing a part. Thats minimal.

But heres what I'm thinking for my bike
new battery, save ~ 3 pounds (only 80 bucks. go try to save 3 lbs with titainum parts.. cost you 2 grand probably!!)
already have the ti/carbon exhaust, sve like 2 pounds i think
diff tires, save 3 pounds

thats like 8 pounds right there, 3 being at the wheels. possibly even more depending on if i get nicer hubs or cheaper ones

sounds stupid, but when everyone talks bad on this bike or that bike, like the 350 for example people saying they think its stpiud that it weighs the same as a 450.. well that drops it a bit under the 450s then.

do i think itll make me a faster rider? not at all. but why NOT pay attention to stuff like that?? every little bits gotta help
Might as well get a truck ton of carbon fiber parts... ignition cover, clutch cover etc. That'll shave some more.

haa nah unless i break stuff then yeah..

i went w/ rad mfg eagle (lighter of their 2 options) hubs and DID dirt star LT-X wheels.. supposbed to be just as strong as a60s but a little lighter. it was a toss up between that and the ST-X's which are supposed to be 15% stronger but idk..

Couple years back Michelin introduced a HI-Perf street tire that was signifigantly lighter in weight than the Bridgestones that I'd been running on my 09 R1. My Dad insisted on giving them a try. Altho it was a minimal difference I swear I could feel it (placebo effect???). The proof was in the dyno reports...... the bike made more rear wheel horsepower with the lighter hoops.

Also remember back in the day racing BMX we would do anything and everything to reduce outer wheel weight. We would go as far as stretching a 16" tube around a 20" wheel. Not to mention narrow rims, alum nipples and ti spokes.

Back