Need some info on KTM 144''s

talonrunner18

PR Addict
Reading about how they have issues with rings catching the exhaust post and blowing top ends. KTM has recalled it but does anyone know if there are still bugs with the 144 motors? All I read about online is how sweet of a bike they are but they only have a top end life of 10 hours! I'm ready to pull trigger on a blown up one but wondering if its worth the headache of rebuilding it. Price is a smoking deal that I almost can't pass up.

Had a 08 with crank and ring problems... there is a new cylinder and head that should cure the problem from ktm... i think if it was not updated ,ktm wll replace for free. the jetting was the biggest problem... them came jetted super lean... they have a great motor you just need to set them up right.

Thanks for the info. I think your right about the recall, if it doesn't have updated cylinder KTM will update it. I've heard the bike its self was awesome aside from the mechanical issues.

I'm going to try and get the vin number and look into the history. If I can get the cylinder I think its a no brainer to buy then.

Back