Anyone use the Total Gym equipment ?

loneranger171

PR Addict
Looking for something to do at home for low-moderate exercising (not training for olympics or anything) without putting much strain on my neck or back (problems with now for many years like most moto guys)...wondering if anyone has tried the Total Gym XLS or similar models ? I got a chance to pick one up off ebay for around $450 and am on the fence about the whole thing...being 6' 2" I'm not sure I'll fit on the gliding board too well and don't want to spend the cash if the thing sucks...

Anyone use or have comments ? Thanks.

Chuck Norris uses it. In fact, everytime he uses it (for only 15 minutes a day 3x a week) he becomes younger, builds stronger muscle tissue, and increases libido.

TRX suspension trainer!!!! You just need a chin up bar or something to hang it from. I use it in my basement, since I have the floor joist of the 1st floor exposed down there.

They mention physical therapy and a lot of the commercials So I figured you might know george e since you're a nurse and all.....

I've been using the Total Gym for over 30 years. I have several of them now. They are the big chromed rectangular and square steel frame models from the late 70's and early 80's. The back is maybe a few inches short of five feet tall and the track portion is about seven and a half feet long. They weren't made to fold and go under a bed and they will probably last forever.

I did a Total Gym workout yesterday. I've tried a lot other equipment but I always go back to the Total Gym.

They mention physical therapy and a lot of the commercials So I figured you might know george e since you're a nurse and all.....

Eh, I'm not a physical therapist. But I personally prefer stationary bikes, cardio workouts. Jump rope etc. and No lifting. When you lift your muscles get pumped. Then they just get more pumped when you ride.

Eh, I'm not a physical therapist. But I personally prefer stationary bikes, cardio workouts. Jump rope etc. and No lifting. When you lift your muscles get pumped. Then they just get more pumped when you ride.

I believe the guys at RacerXV VT would say otherwise! Lifting weights causing arm pump is one of the biggest misunderstandings in MX. Do a little research on arm pump over of www.racerxvt.com and you will see what I mean.

I have been lifting in a gym for years, and ive seen and used just about every peice of workout equipment out there, and guess what... They suck. Take that money and go put it down on a gym membership, much easier, no knicked up corners in the house, or loud workouts.. Roll to the gym get it in, then go home screw that home gyms enless you do it right, and get each individual piece of equipment..

80's Total Gym with a couple of attachments. 2012-03-03_12-54-47_751.jpg

Back