Clutch Covers -- advantageous over stock?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I see that hinson has a clutch cover that is machined to guide oil a specific way. Theory to keep the clutch more efficiently oiled, reduced expansion blah blaah blah.

I see pit you have some wiseco clutch covers, besides the look what do they do for the bike. And what do the INSIDE of the cover look like, manufacturers only show the outside, I'd like to see how the inside is machined.

Finally, I'd like your personal preferences and why you like/dislike a specific product related to clutch covers.

GYTR cover for a yz250 claims to guide oil a specific way as well. I can't find anything about Boyesen's clutch covers doing this.

i had a gytr clutch cover for my yz250.. coudlnt tell a difference but it looks sweet haha. put a new clutch in it when i got it though so i cant say it helped as far as clutch life or anything like that. the inside of it didnt look much different than stock from what i remember. ill dig around and see if i can find any pics of it when i sold it, im sure i took pics of inside and out.

Did you have an aftermarket water impeller and pump cover too by chance? Thinking about picking one of those up as well, but they're 179 bones from Boyesen...

I see pit you have some wiseco clutch covers, besides the look what do they do for the bike. And what do the INSIDE of the cover look like, manufacturers only show the outside, I'd like to see how the inside is machined.

Does anything else matter? haha.

I have no idea, I just like the look and to support Wiseco. The insides just look like a CNC machined piece of aluminum. Some tool marks but pretty smooth.

Edit -- just found this:
"Wiseco clutch covers are machined from hardened aluminum and offer improved side case protection and puncture resistance over stock die-cast clutch covers. These clutch covers are also hard coat anodized for added scuff resistance and good looks."

Also while reading that I noticed that Wiseco Forged clutch baskets, inner hubs, and pressure plates have a LIFETIME WARRANTY against notching or any breakage. That's awesome!

I think I read somewhere that some of the covers were bigger and gave you more oil volume...

I have a Pro Circuit on my CRF, easier to get the pesky o-ring on it that the stock honda cover. Otherwise maybe you get better oil flow.

Does anything else matter? haha.

I have no idea, I just like the look and to support Wiseco. The insides just look like a CNC machined piece of aluminum. Some tool marks but pretty smooth.

Edit -- just found this:
"Wiseco clutch covers are machined from hardened aluminum and offer improved side case protection and puncture resistance over stock die-cast clutch covers. These clutch covers are also hard coat anodized for added scuff resistance and good looks."

Also while reading that I noticed that Wiseco Forged clutch baskets, inner hubs, and pressure plates have a LIFETIME WARRANTY against notching or any breakage. That's awesome!
I
Read that. Probably going to pick up the wiseco basket and inner hub assembly now.

Back