Stewart to race outdoors this year, shockingly!

He better start training. These sprint sx races in ideally cool temps are winding him. Can't wait what redbud does

Correct me if I am wrong but isnt the reason we havent seen him in mx because his contract didnt allow him ?

I doubt that his contract says he can't race outdoors. Why would he say "I'm racin' outdoors this year", every year, if his contract wouldn't let him. He always finds an excuse. That head-case will wad himself before SX season is over and be sidelined with injury anyways before the 1st outdoor national.
His tongue would be in his front spokes at RedBud by the halfway point of the moto. I remember Stewart holeshotting RC (maybe 2007) and stretching out a big lead....until the GOAT's endurance trumped Stewi's and James decided it was best to fall over in a corner instead of getting in a battle with RC once RC had caught him. I love me some GOAT!
My daughter was only 3 months old at the time. It was her 1st pro national. I proudly carried her in a backpack type thing on my chest all day. After RC's podium speech, I waited for RC to come back to the pro pits. As he approached us, I raised my hand in an attempt to "high-five" Rc as he passed us. RC and I were grinning ear to ear as we loudly slapped each other's hands! His hand was dripping with sweat still and splash all over my hand lol. So I removed my daughter's bonnet and wiped RC's sweat from my hand all over her head! From that day on, she has been has blessed by the GOAT!
Jay

I did not read the whole article but where are they getting this info from? When he signed with jgr I think he said he would do outdoors?

And in his contract now he does not have to do outdoors unless he wants to so I agree, I believe it when I see it.

I did not read the whole article but where are they getting this info from? When he signed with jgr I think he said he would do outdoors?

And in his contract now he does not have to do outdoors unless he wants to so I agree, I believe it when I see it.

where did you get a copy of his contract?
unless that is coming straight from his lips, i dont believe that. jgr has sponsor obligations. when they sign sponsors its for racing. not sitting out. thats why teams fill injured rider spots. to meet contract agreements. their sponsors are going to want 2 riders running outdoors, and especially james stewart.

Wait he tried last year, and realized oh sh!t, these guys are fast, i'm not ready. Another month later, still not ready, another month, and eff it, there's always next year.

where did you get a copy of his contract?
unless that is coming straight from his lips, i dont believe that. jgr has sponsor obligations. when they sign sponsors its for racing. not sitting out. thats why teams fill injured rider spots. to meet contract agreements. their sponsors are going to want 2 riders running outdoors, and especially james stewart.

Dont quote me on this exactly cause its been a while since I heard it but yes, j bone I believe it was said he is sx only and it's up to him if he wants outdoors and it's not in his contract. I'm 100 percent sure he said jgr is not forcing him to do it. If he wants to ok, if not then ok. And I think Stewart may have talkies about it also but that I'm not sure I can't remember.
The only time I heard Stewart say yes to outdoors is the da of tht jgr press conference

I believe it's TGO(the great outdoors) but you saw the fire in Jame's eyes when he was on the gate! I haven't seen that fire or intensity in awhile and when the man is mentally and physically ready to ride I believe he is the fastest! I neither like him or hate him but the man can ride a dirt scooter. Just my $.02

I thought I read he was doing SX only, and then this summer he had something like 7 or 8 late model races planned to start moving into cars. I know Gibbs has had him out at South Boston speedway already testing cars.

the last i remember im pretty sure a part of stewarts contract with JGR is SX and MX deal. He has to ride outdoors with Joe Gibbs i believe...

Back