NEMX Vet Rental Feb. 11

NikkiNEMX

PR Addict
Next Vet Rental FEB. 11 !!!
7-11pm

*Special for VET Riders Bikes Only (25+ and up)...Cost will only be $35.00 per rider/sloppy joes-hot dogs-chips provided (you need to bring your own drinks)/time 7pm-11pm (4 hr. rental after regular practice)...

This is our last one for the season so come on out and enjoy!!!

Next Vet Rental FEB. 11 !!!
7-11pm

*Special for VET Riders Bikes Only (25+ and up)...

damn, so now 25+ means "veteran"????
i like the idea of riding with real vets (35+, and 45+) cause it doesnt make me seem soooo sloooooow.

still a bunch of pros racing that are over 25. would love to ride the track, except ,unless you are a b class rider or better, you are going to be doing a lot of rolling around the track. too tech for this old fart, guess i will have to wait till the outdoor tracks open.

still a bunch of pros racing that are over 25. would love to ride the track, except ,unless you are a b class rider or better, you are going to be doing a lot of rolling around the track. too tech for this old fart, guess i will have to wait till the outdoor tracks open.

I am a 44yr old C Rider maybe B on a very good day; THE TRACH IS PERFECT! It has been fun all year! No I can't do everything the first time I go but I should not be able to; the track has to also be fun for B and A riders. The track looks intimidating, jumps look harder indoors than they are; if the jumps were outdoors you would try them and see that they are not that hard and the landings are forgiving. They changed some of the tabletops to doubles (I assume they needed the dirt elsewhere) but the distance is the same so what does it matter.

I am a 44yr old C Rider maybe B on a very good day; THE TRACH IS PERFECT! It has been fun all year! No I can't do everything the first time I go but I should not be able to; the track has to also be fun for B and A riders. The track looks intimidating, jumps look harder indoors than they are; if the jumps were outdoors you would try them and see that they are not that hard and the landings are forgiving. They changed some of the tabletops to doubles (I assume they needed the dirt elsewhere) but the distance is the same so what does it matter.

Yeah I agree with you Roachy,you are really slow!haha

What I have always said about the tracks is that you are never going to please everyone on any track,indoors or outdoors!I personally would rather ride around on a track I don't like than not ride at all!!!The great thing that NEMX has been doing this year is changing it up every few weeks,making it always seem like a new track.

Too gnarly for me. I went out there on Thursday night to ride pit/trail bikes with my GF and some friends from PA. On the You Tube vids-- it showed alotta tables. When I got there, the tables had magically turned to dubs... I didn't even unload the bikes. We drank a few hot chocolates, then turned around and went back home. Nice people at NEMX, but it's more track than we are riders. I understand how hard it is to make a track everybody likes, but if they want to have riders out that suck, pit bikes, pee wees, etc... they have to put in options at the gnarlier sections-- or make the takeoffs those lip/table affairs so they can be kinda tables for the have nots, but be dubs for the haves. I rode there the winter of 2008/2009, and had more fun on my pit bike than I ever had at any indoor. Unless they set the track up like that again-- it doesn't make any sense to go back. --L*64

I agree with Roach and Greg, you are not going to please everyone with a motocross track....it's always a win/lose situation. Our track is not gnarley at all...in some spots it may seem intimidating but that's because there is not a table top in every jump...and really there shouldn't be. 65's and 85's and believe it or not there are 50's that can do the jumps at our place...so gnarley it's not. Sorry some people didn't like the track, but it is hard to please everyone as all track owners know. That's why we change our track so much to keep it exciting and make changes per customer requests.

Too gnarly for me. I went out there on Thursday night to ride pit/trail bikes with my GF and some friends from PA. On the You Tube vids-- it showed alotta tables. When I got there, the tables had magically turned to dubs... I didn't even unload the bikes. We drank a few hot chocolates, then turned around and went back home. Nice people at NEMX, but it's more track than we are riders. I understand how hard it is to make a track everybody likes, but if they want to have riders out that suck, pit bikes, pee wees, etc... they have to put in options at the gnarlier sections-- or make the takeoffs those lip/table affairs so they can be kinda tables for the have nots, but be dubs for the haves. I rode there the winter of 2008/2009, and had more fun on my pit bike than I ever had at any indoor. Unless they set the track up like that again-- it doesn't make any sense to go back. --L*64

You know, you always can 'roll' the jumps. It doesn't make you any suckier, or less manly in front of your girlfriend. I think that's kind of dumb you didn't even attempt....if you roll a tabletop...do you have less chance of getting landed by someone who is jumping that same distance of a jump, only the difference now is that the table top is hollowed out in the middle? Asnwer: No.

What about this spin....what if it's a 'table top-table top' section and you have guys doubling the table tops?? Bottom line is, just because there are obstacles on the track this doesn't mean you must clear them. If riders would just hold their line and not weave all over the place then there is no reason why everyone can't have a good time! Those "fast" guys do understand how to pass, in a safe manner.

So it's a Junior Vet and Vet Rental then! See you guys saturday.

Georgie-- You're funny bro! I wasn't concerned about looking manly in front of the GF.... haha! I had a 150F trail bike... stock, and she had a showroom stock KLX110. I don't think Willy B. could get over most of the obstacles on either of those whips. We/I know what tracks we'd enjoy riding by looking at them by now. No sense in spending the $50 to ride a spot where we'd case the bikes out just rolling the jumps. I saved the 50 bones to put towards her next dirt bike-- prolly a TTR or DRZ 125.

We generally ride trail bikes on pit bike tracks just because we have alotta fun, & it's riding we can do together, instead of me riding, and her watching. I'll ride real bikes here and there-- but I'm 43, so I stick to easier tracks. Not the manliest of situations I guess, but ya just gotta know when to say when sometimes. ---L*64

Yeah track is for sure more for a and b riders but that did not bother me really. Yes it sucked for me more but I thought it was ok. I was more bummed on the fact that there was no track prep. I thought this was some thing that was better now and the dirt was super hard pack. Not trying to bash the track at all ill probably be back out for one of these events but that is one thing I was prettY dissapoinfed with

Was that a Thursday you came when the track prep was sub par ?

Lucky I was just taking a friendly jab at you. Not tryin to question your manhood! Sorry. See you around.

I came on a Sunday if that was meant for me.

Track is always prepped on wed./fri./sat./and sundays. What date did you come out on because that one sunday we had 120+ riders and all the other sundays we always get 70+ riders on the track which beats the track down a lot.

Haha! I know. Like Tupac said... "I ain't mad at cha!". I kinda wanted whoever reads this to know that the track is nice, it's our advancing age, lack of riding skillz, and the fact that we ride clapped out play bikes that made the track too gnarly for us-- not the track itself per se. --L*64

Lots of people are sick I know right now....to boot I got some kinda upper respiratory infection going on. Short of breath, and the cold just makes it even worse!

Back