Anyone running mx sim on Mac?

MX724

PR Addict
Looks cool but obviously I have a Mac.....don't want to run boot amp and have heard of guys doing this with a 360 controller? I know Barrington and Crute know a lot about this game? Was just curious and thought if you could maybe I'd add it

Shaffernocker took over the beans replica. I had a good base terrain done and some jumps as well. I wouldn't mind starting a Scenic replica, I rode there a few times and it was really fun. I can pull elevation data from the USGS but I'd def need a lot of reference pics.

Shaffernocker took over the beans replica. I had a good base terrain done and some jumps as well. I wouldn't mind starting a Scenic replica, I rode there a few times and it was really fun. I can pull elevation data from the USGS but I'd def need a lot of reference pics.

k cool. ill try and get you some pics rounded up and when i think i got some good info for you ill PM you on mx sim.

use google maps. Do you use targa height maps for jumps and layouts?

Anyways...just partition out your hard drive on your mac. And boot up Windows when you want to play Sim....I hate all the paralell programs. Just install the drivers and partition.

use google maps. Do you use targa height maps for jumps and layouts?

Anyways...just partition out your hard drive on your mac. And boot up Windows when you want to play Sim....I hate all the paralell programs. Just install the drivers and partition.

Google maps is great for the layout but as far as jump heights and whatnot I'll need to see reference pics from the track. Heightmap's can be pulled straight from the USGS site in greyscale, 8bit. You convert them to 16bit and do a little smoothing and resizing and that serves as a great base terrain. .png or .ppm is what the game accepts.

haha i remember making dirtworld for mcm2 it was awful. i was horrible at it. i played mx vs atv (REV) the other day and it was sooo weird. forgot i even had that installed haha. surprisingly though those models are really nice on there.. forget the dude that did them but he did a good job

2012motosportrfnational.png

no. not yet. its not released until the week of the real national. i know ddmx has a beta of it and wants to share.;)

The beta I have of that track goes way back to last year when Giopanda first started it. Quite simply put, it sucks. I've heard the new version rides much better though.

where u been anyways? havent seen you around sim at all in some time. hope you havent given up on that project of yours.

I haven't played in a few good months now; nor have I worked on MXSM2012. I might finish that project before the end of summer but I imagine jlv will get around to it sooner or later as well. I got to the point with C# to where the time invested to finish the project would have been much more than I anticipated.

I haven't played in a few good months now; nor have I worked on MXSM2012. I might finish that project before the end of summer but I imagine jlv will get around to it sooner or later as well. I got to the point with C# to where the time invested to finish the project would have been much more than I anticipated.

it will be quite awesome when that is done. got a question for you.
would there be a way to skin this entire inside or should i start breaking it down into pieces? whats your suggestion on getting it done.
metrodome.jpg

it will be quite awesome when that is done. got a question for you.
would there be a way to skin this entire inside or should i start breaking it down into pieces? whats your suggestion on getting it done.
metrodome.jpg

You'll want to separate it into smaller sections. The benefit there is that you can have higher resolution textures. Also, make use of repeating textures. The roof on your stadium looks like it could be greatly simplified by using normal maps as well. Just a thought. The stadium doesn't look bad though!

Back