What kind of tires?

Dunlop 756.

No more 756 for me. Three races on a set cracks around all the way. I talkk to dunlop monday on this. They said they quit making them two years ago. I sent them pictures and the vin #. They are going to get back with me on replacements. Like mx51 I always use dunlop 773 or 756 both wer good tires for me.

I prefer the maxxis. They are pretty hard compound and stay edgy. I also like he durability of the Michelin starcross.

Depends on the tracks you ride. I dig Bridgestones above anything else because the tracks I ride can be muddy, AND hard packed in different spots on the same track. I like the predictability of the way the 'Stones slide under engine braking on hard pack. I can't tell the difference between tires in the mud except the Michelins just may handle slightly better during tight cornering in the muck. Hardly noticeable though, and the rear seemed to last about 20% longer than anything else I ran. I don't like the Starcross front on the dry though. Ya can't go wrong with Bridgestones. --L*64

two best tire combos I've found are a Michelin M-12 front and S-12 rear or M-12 front and Maxxis SI rear. I will say though if you want a tire that has some huge lugs and does really well when its soft but lasts for a long time try the IRC M5B, even after it wore down it continued to grab really well.

No more 756 for me. Three races on a set cracks around all the way. I talkk to dunlop monday on this. They said they quit making them two years ago. I sent them pictures and the vin #. They are going to get back with me on replacements. Like mx51 I always use dunlop 773 or 756 both wer good tires for me.

Just got off the phone with Dunlop. A new MX 51 is on its way. Big thanks to Dunlop.

My son has the dunlop mx 51 0n his kx85 and they seem wear real fast compared to the old 756.

Bah!------ Just run whats’ever cheapest at Harbor Freight or J.C. Whitney cuz most people can’t tell the difference anyway…..

Dunlop 952 I think is relatively the same tread as 756 just 952 is a tougher compound. Its a decent all around tire. I agree the 756 wears quickly. I also agree if your not sponsored or getting stacks of them from someone, then do whats best for your wallet. Then again if the tire totally sucks wont hookup or chunks apart and just plain won't perform then your throwing money away. sort of keeps you somewhere in the middle in that aspect.

Just wanted to clarify the above is rear tire application.
The Dunlop 756 is really better than average on the front and seems to perform well from soft to even decent on hard pack.

Michellin starcross MS3 is what i've been running. Ran entire season and installed new set before Red Buds vet fest

2nd the Bridgestone they last a long times 403 404 combo on 250f s and 450f don't chunk like michelins ripped knobs off those in short order.On the pick truck side Bridgestone duelers are pricey but man do they get traction in snow and mud.I bought them for a couple trucks at work. Put them on 2wd trucks the foreman driving them were amazed were the truck would go with those tires. Good buy quiet put on my work truck go into mud holes and slick clay and sand and my 2wd pickup cruises right thru .

Back