bighorn mx closed

LuckyStar64

PR Addict
Sorry to hear this. Indoor tracks seem to be a tough way to go for some reason. Maybe the Ohio riders just like a break from riding in the winters? I kinda do. It gives me some time to attend to other things I guess. Not only that, but I hate loading the truck up in the snow. --L*64

streaks383

PR Addict
I am very sorry to hear that. I have tried to come out for 3 weeks now but something always came up. Seeing any track close is sad, its worse when its near columbus, we don't have crap compared to the NE.

mark may

PR Member
The building owner got money hungry wanted me to run it for next to nothing so I would be losing money to stay open hated to have to close we were having a great year so far sorry guys

nitrofish

PR Addict
The building owner got money hungry wanted me to run it for next to nothing so I would be losing money to stay open hated to have to close we were having a great year so far sorry guys

Mark, you done a great job. The situation you were in, was not fair for sure. I would have shut the doors too! See ya around Mark, stay in touch. Matt. nitrofish@yahoo.com

adam63

PR Addict

Even though it sucks... that's the way small business works. If there's not enough money to pay the rent then... well you know! Thanks for trying and we had fun while it lasted!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Plus we have too many indoors in the area. It just spreads people too thin to make a profit. It's not a glorious cash crop money pit like every rider who doesn't operate/own/work a indoor thinks that it is.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
This is true to a degree. Down here in BC land we have Cirle T which is 1 hour 25 minutes, and OMA which is 1 hour 45min, if not 2 hours. Spiltrail closed, Big horn closed. Now its those or drive 3.5 to Earlywines, 2 hours to ramjam, or 3 hours to NEMX. I know I know people drive further than that for the Cliff, but thats outdoors, apples to apples here. So I dont feel overly populated with indoors, I do wish we had a centrally located indoor with a couple massive tracks though.......

And It is a bummer about big horn, sorry to hear Mark.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I'm confused.

So Mark May...I take it bighorn is not your building...someone else owns the building? And now they're going to run the building by themselves? Just clarifying because I read two of your other threads and I read something about 'being money hungry and let him do it on his own....' not the exact quote but thats the idea I got from it....

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Big horn is a leased building. In the beginning last year, the building just sat empty during the winter. Jay approached the owner with the idea to make some money by putting a track in it. Apparently, the owner thinks its worth more, or he can run it lol.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Wow that's worse than those riders who know it all regarding track prep and race days !! So the guy doesn't even race who owns that building ?

mark may

PR Member
That is y I posted closed he will not water and prep like I did saving u all a wasted trip out he don't even know the hours that I was open so track will suck and hey bc. Now I no y u are not open every weekend its alot of work glad to be out c u in the spring.me and a couple buddy's went out to circle t tonight let's pack the place

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Wow that's worse than those riders who know it all regarding track prep and race days !! So the guy doesn't even race who owns that building ?

He owns J&D bullriding arena in Martinsburg, which i know is an outdoor bullriding deal, or was. But you may be right, I dont think he rides at all, but I could be wrong.