Looking for a crf450r

JMOORE330

PR Addict
I know this is not where to post this but i figure most ppl look at this part of the forum. I am looking for a used 06-08 CRF450 for a reasonable price. I have cash in hand and im looking to buy YESTERDAY. Ive looked on craigslist and whatnot not finding a whole lot that looks nice for the price they are asking. Any info would b good. Thanks guys

Yea i agree it is nice but i have a budget of 3k and under lol. AND ive had an 07 before and i absolutley loved it. Just looking to buy somthing i know i already like. I had a 2008 yz450f and sold it bc i could not stand to ride that thing!

If you can get some more $$, my '09 is wayy better than my '07 was. And i loved my 07 at the time.

the 08 crf450 is a very refined machine! does everything good! many small improvements over the evolution of each model. (last year for that model) but i like all hondas l.o.l.

There you go......right price, lots of parts with it. Take an SOS pad to that frame and it will clean that Aluminum right back up.

I appriciate everyones input here. But now i am in a predicament where i can get an 09 which ive never rode, or an 08 which i have rode and i love the bike. Both in great condition and for about the same price. So i am asking, in ur personal opinion if i love the 07/08 am i going to like the 09 just as much or even more?

I had an 07 and i loved it and currently i have an 09. When i first got the 09 it was different and did take some getting used to but after riding it for about a month i would never switch back to my 07. I think the 09 is a better bike in every way! Personally i would go with the 09.

I had rode hondas for 7 or 8 years, switched to kawi in 09 and switched back to honda last year. I have an 09 450, and I love it. If the bike is clean id jump on the 09. Its a honda, what is there not to love!

I used to have an 05 crf 450. Same frame as the 08 I believe. Loved the bike. Rode a 2011 at honda demo day......absolutely loved it. Just can't see paying that much money for all that grunt. Go with the 09! Leave the previous generation in the past, they only get better! ;)

Go with the 09! Leave the previous generation in the past, they only get better! ;)

Im thinking the same thing but its hard to let mine go! Im dying to buy a new one and mines on its last leg. Original crank, cylinder and piston pushing 120 hours! Shes been real good to me, but 2012 or 2013 ill be buying next season.

Attachments

• CIMG3623.jpg
    CIMG3623.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 171
I know right, I change my oil EVERY 2 hours and clean filter every other ride. New rings and replaced all 4 valves two years ago because there was no more adjustment with shims but it always starts in 2-3 kicks. New clutch 3 times a year. Bike even has Pro Circuit cam and Vortex CDI.

Well, I also am looking for a 450. I also have around a $3000 budget, I also would like an '08 or '09. But , unlike JMoore, I'll take a YZF, or KTM, or KXF along with a CRF. In fact, I'm also looking at a Husky TC450 too. Unfortunately, I always seem to get boned when it comes to buying used as I end up paying too much for junk. I've been looking on craigslist all over PA,WV, KY, IN and OH and there isn't alot unless you want to pay $4k or more.

I know right, I change my oil EVERY 2 hours and clean filter every other ride. New rings and replaced all 4 valves two years ago because there was no more adjustment with shims but it always starts in 2-3 kicks. New clutch 3 times a year. Bike even has Pro Circuit cam and Vortex CDI.

Thats the same oil regimen I followed in my Hondas. They just ran and ran.

Havent had my yz250 long enough to see if it's as reliable as my ole reds.

Back