81 yz 125

I would say a couple hundred bucks at least. I have some parts from an 82 but not sure how much change there was between them. If you end up with and need something let me know.

DMX whats up, I just got this bike on trade and I am not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. When I get a look at it I will see what I want to do with it.
The guy I got it off of was riding it a year or two ago so maybe it doesn't need much.

I had a cherry one....radiator hoses run through the steering stem. Can fill your stem bearings with water if the seals leak! Not a rocket ship but a decent runner...Suzuki's ruled 1981.

Post pics!!

here's some pics, it has spark and compression. I am going to clean up the carb and change the gas and go from there. Anyone interested? phone 2 28 12 008.jpgphone 2 28 12 009.jpg

Take it for a few rides first!

Bike looks ok, maybe ditch or get new fork boots....guess 750 to 900 depending on how well it runs, if shock is good & anything needs rebuilt.

Ride it....ride it!

Plus one on that ^^^! IMO, 1980 is the epitome of vintage YZ's. The fork mounted radiator water coolers were the worst. The hoses love to crack and leak mid race on those bikes, causing all kinds carnage due to overheating.... Nice looking bike none the less. Makes a nice collector tho! --L*64

Back