Possible Indoor MX Facility in SE Columbus Area Coming 2012/2013

mx502

PR Member
Let's hear some feedback if this is a great idea in this area for all those riders who race or just enjoy riding with nothing to do during the winter months.

Always a great idea for riders. As a for doing it to make money I am not sure how long it would take to recover and make a profit. I am sure we will hear all of the complaints about "Too many indoor / tracks" etc. Too many places to ride is never a bad thing for the riders. I hope it works out for you. Rich

Yes but u have to b close to freeway easy access and make it big and open all the time for guys that work 2nd shift and u will b busy im looking for the right spot now thinking the same

After running bighorn I no what all riders want and im looking and looking for help let's do let's put it on the map let me no if u can help n anyway

Let's here some feedback if this is a great idea for all those riders who race or just enjoy riding with nothing to do during the winter months.

build it around canton ohio, so many outdoor tracks here but nothing close for indoors... the place would be packed!

of course if the winters keep getting warmer we might not have a need to ride indoors anymore lol

Canton is not a great place.... There will be a quadrafecta of indoors then. RamJam, NEMX, Mapleshade's and another in Canton. Too close, not enough riders! spread em out. Build one in Minnesota!

I've often flirted with the idea of running an indoor facility in one of the north downtown abandoned factory buildings. I think Columbus alone could sustain an indoor business. Make it big and well lit and you could pull riders in from all over.

Canton is not a great place.... There will be a quadrafecta of indoors then. RamJam, NEMX, Mapleshade's and another in Canton. Too close, not enough riders! spread em out. Build one in Minnesota!

yes but think of how many outdoor tracks are around here, now all those riders have to drive 2+ hours to ride in the winter. no thanks

I got this in an email, so figured I post this for anyone looking to strike it rich as a promotor.

"Motocross Owners,

For sale or lease is a quality constructed 43,000 sq. ft. Indoor Motocross Facility located in Syracuse NY.

It is set on 4.5 acres for plenty of room for expansion with additional land available if required.

It is visible from the NYS Thru-way exit 39 with its neighbors being a Holiday Inn Express and a Quaker Steak & Lube restaurant.

Original owners paid over 2.4 million to have the facility built, which included the land. Needless to say their overhead was too large to maintain a profitable venture.

The current owner is offering the complete facility for $850,000 or $2.25 psf to lease the facility plus utilities. It will require improvements around 200k to repair the damages the former owner did to the facility after going belly-up. Wiring, mechanicals, glass etc. new owner will do all improvements and amortize over the term of the lease and also will help on the sale end.

If you would like more info or know anyone that would be interested in this unique opportunity, please contact me, all info listed below.

Thanks

Bill"

I've often flirted with the idea of running an indoor facility in one of the north downtown abandoned factory buildings. I think Columbus alone could sustain an indoor business. Make it big and well lit and you could pull riders in from all over.

Chuck there is ALOT more to it than that. I have new lights on the track that cost over 20k. No more shadows, no dark spots, can take pics and video without a flash at night. Have not seen any difference in attendance. I think the track is pretty good size. The bigger you make it the more it takes to maintain and prep. It takes 2 hrs each day to prep.

Only way to maybe break even and not lose money is to have cash to buy a building so you have no payment and don't have insurance. Good luck is all I have to say.

yes but think of how many outdoor tracks are around here, now all those riders have to drive 2+ hours to ride in the winter. no thanks

If you have 10 indoors and a select few riders who live ten minutes away from each. They're gonna go out of business. Indoors are a tad more expensive than outdoor. If you want to ride in the winter you drive 2 hrs. Or 16 to Georgia. Soon if more indoors pop up in a terrible economy they will ALL be gone and then you won't have he luxury of driving 2 hrs to ride in the winter. You'll have to drive 16!

I don't mind driving 4 hours to the cliff on a 90 degree day. But if every track were like the cliff they'd all go out business. Because people wouldn't have to travel to ride at fun, well-run facilties.

Your track is perfect Rich and we're blessed to have you around.

Well thanks Chuck but it's nowhere near perftect. I would like to do more but have to make money first. Fortunately I got the lights for "free" with the First Energy rebate program they had.

I just don't think there is any money to be made at this time. Maybe if you run it out of your farm where your costs are all already covered in your mortgage, taxes, utility payments, and equipment and have no insurance for the track then you can make money. Or possibly if you have the cash to pay for everything and have no payments on anything.

Back