Action Sports Open Motocross practice, Saturday and Sunday March 3rd and 4th

ActionSports

PR Addict
Action Sports will ATTEMPT to hold a 2 day open practice on Saturday and Sunday March 3rd and 4th at the Action Sports Moto Park on Salem Rd. in Athens, Ohio. If you haven’t ridden our motocross track you are in for a treat. Come an ride Ohio’s best kept moto secret.

MAKE SURE YOU CALL BEFORE YOU HAUL! As we all know the weather can do anything this time of year, but if our pits are dry enough to get everyone in and out we know we can prep a great track. Motorcycles will practice from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM both days. Practices will be separated for 50’s, 65’s & 85’s and big bikes as needed. ATV’s will practice from 3:00 to 5:00 PM. Quad practice will be split mini and adult as needed. Practice fee is $20 per rider.

Please check back on our website www.ActionSportsRacing.com for updates during the week prior to the practice days for any changes that might occur.

We hope to see you there,

Thank you,
Drew Wolfe, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions, Inc.
P.O. Box 488 -10700 Salem Road
Athens, OH 45701
Phone and Fax: 740-594-6686
Mobile: 740-591-7223
dw@ActionSportsRacing.com
www.ActionSportsRacing.com

I'm really looking forward to riding your track this year Drew. I hope you get a good turnout and schedule lots more of these.

Yep, I will be riding. Nicholas is still out with a broken arm. He gets to watch me for a change. I'll be breaking out the YZ 2 stroke to play on. What day are you going?

I`m shooting for sunday but that depends on the weather. I`ll go sat if need be.

ATTENTION RIDERS!!!

Have you seen the weather forecast for this weekend? According to The Weather Channel it looks AWESOME!! After this Wednesday there is only a 30% chance of rain predicted on Friday so the track should be in great shape for the Action Sports Motocross and Grand Prix practice weekend. We are going to do everything we can to get the entire motocross track in perfect condition. We have the world’s best motocross dirt and it will be prepped to perfection this weekend. Come and ride Ohio’s best kept motocross secret both days. We have an old school natural terrain track. The track runs in and out of the woods and we have some steep up and down hill sections. It’s wide and fun. Its Ohio’s version of Millville, Washougal and Unadilla all rolled into one.

WEEKEND SCHEDULE

Saturday Motorcycles only: The entire Motocross track and a 1 mile section of Grand Prix track will be open from 11:00 AM to until close. Both tracks will be prepped.

Sunday Motorcycles and Quads: The entire motocross track and a 1 mile section of Grand Prix track will be open. Motocross track will be prepped.
Grand Prix track will be open for motorcycles and minis only from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM. GP track will be open for quads only from 2:00 PM until close.
Motocross track will be open for motorcycles and minis only from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Motocross track will be open for Quads only from 3:00 PM until close.

We will separate practices as needed to keep things as safe as possible. We plan to run separate 15 minute sessions for 50’s, - 65’s and 85’s and big bikes. We will also separate mini and adult quad classes in 15 minute sessions as needed.
Also for everyone’s safety we do not allow pit riding. There is no ambulance on site. The local ambulance station is about 3 miles away.

Riders under 18 years of age must have a parent or legal guardian with them in order to ride or a notarized letter from both parents, just like you would on race day. Camping is free Saturday night if you’d like to ride both days. The fee to ride is $20 per day.

Make sure you call before you haul!! Ohio weather is very unpredictable so you never know what you’re going to get until you look out your window.

Keep an eye on www.ActionSportsRacing.com or this website for any changes that might occur. Make sure to call before you leave home!!

We hope to see you this weekend!

I have never been to your facility so I am wondering if I would be able to get in and out with a motor home /enclosed trailer without being towed. Obviously the ground is still soft and wasn't sure what you have for actual parking lot? Thank you.

Seperating bike and quad practice times? That has to be the best thing i`ve ever heard! Props to you guys. See you Sunday!

Seperating bike and quad practice times? That has to be the best thing i`ve ever heard! Props to you guys. See you Sunday!

I must agree. Seems like the best scenario for all, of course for us outcasts it's just nice to have a place to ride.

Any pics of the track or how the track may b? Havent heard of this place before and im itchin to ride outdoors and also a very long haul.

Rogers..The pit area is really flat and there is gravel coming in so i don't think you will have any problems with an RV and trailer. Really good pit area though.

Jmoore...The track is almost 100% natural terrain and winds in and out of a couple of tree sections but it is SUPER wide in the tree areas so not worries there. The only races Drew has ever had out at the track have been vintage days so i don't think there are any pics on the website. There is a helmet cam of the GP track with some of the MX track in it but its kind of hard to tell how it goes from the cam. It is definitely worth the trip out. The dirt is fantastic!!

Unfortunately the weather changes very quickly in Ohio doesn’t it? Due to the thunderstorms that have been hitting the Action Sports facility Tuesday night and all day Wednesday, it is too muddy to do any track preparation Thursday. That leads us into Friday, with an 80% chance of thunderstorms during the day, making it too muddy to prep the track for Saturday. Following with a chance of snow Sunday and temperatures not even reaching 40 degrees. Not to mention the flash flood watch/warning in the area for the next couple of days. So as you can probably guess, that makes for a terrible weekend of riding which we were all very excited about. We will try to run again on March 23rd and 24th with the same schedule that we released Tuesday. If you have any questions feel free to get a hold of us at Action Sports world headquarters.

Action Sports is conducting this year’s Loretta Lynn Mid East Area Qualifier at Crown Canyon MX. For more information on the weekend schedule go to ActionSportsRacing.com, for lodging information go to CrowCanyonMX.com and click on the Lodging icon. For Loretta Lynn info go to MXSports.com.

Make sure to Like us at Facebook.com/ActionSportsRacing, Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX and join the Action Sports email list to receive updates on races, practices, and more, as well as check out the weekly Lone Wolfe MotoCast (Facebook.com/LoneWolfeMotoCast).

See you at the races!

Back