Round 8. Atlanta Supercross

I thought Carmichael said RV was legal because he was into the section before the red ? Dungey is my pick but I sure was rooting for Seeley to pull off an upset . Good to see Milsaps step it up . Tough track ; everybody made mistakes . Lites were impressive too . Bogle is for real and I like Wharton also . Too bad Roczen hung the gate ( seemed like a long time before the drop ) as it looked like he had something for Barcia . Hope some of these guys move up to the 450 class next year .

To be 100% serious.... I think dungey found a kink in villipotos armor. If dungey gets out of the gate in front of villipoto I think he can hang and in the process it seems villipoto makes a good amount of mistakes when hes behind people but when he "rips the holie" while reed and dungey are behind him its pretty much a wrap.

I also think if reed wouldve made the pass instead of dickin around with him and trying ti protect his lines from villipoto catching on that reed probably wouldnt be on the sideline right now but thats just an assumption.

dungey didnt have anything for rv, the only thing that saved him was the fact that rv got a mid pack start.

I think its great that RD showed some results and did his job in the heat and to get on top spot, but RV was definitely pushing it so Dungey can at least keep him honest this season. I do think if there had been 1 or 2 more laps things may have been different though or like you said if RV had a better start and caught him earlier. Things may have gotten ugly. or RD simply would have folded and gave it up to RV.

Was definitely a good race even the Heats were great.
I don't think anyone, Including myself has been very good at predicting results this year but, I sure would not have been close with the Atlanta results top 5 or order had I made a prediction???
Millsaps must be learning a few things. He is definitely stepping up. I don't think he meant to double into that sand section off the wall I think that was an OH SH!T!!! move from the heat of battle... HA!HA!

dungey didnt have anything for rv, the only thing that saved him was the fact that rv got a mid pack start.

which means he did have something for RV. All I saw was dungey get a good start while villipoto was in what 5th? Villipoto got flat out beat... more than once this year I mght add.

rv should have waited to pass dungey, he was making up time fast and just wasnt close enough to make it stick.

thats what i said, i yelled at him through the tv. why try that right there.

how about all those guys corner speed through that corner before the whoops? you know they can take ruts fast when thats faster than sweeping through that bowl. insane. that was a good camera angle they had there too.

how about them OHIO boys holdin it down??..i think that daniel Herrlien qualified 5th, Rife qualified 8th i believe, and kilbarger got some t.v. time runing in 4th for a lil bit..i cannot remember how they did in the main tho..does anyone know? congrats to those guys for a job well done!!

which means he did have something for RV. All I saw was dungey get a good start while villipoto was in what 5th? Villipoto got flat out beat... more than once this year I mght add.

he passed alot of people one the 1st lap but still had 4 or 5 fast riders to get around and ran dungey down in a few laps after that. if he would have waited to make the pass he would have gotten him. so being beat "flat out" is an overstatement.

AMA ruled that he was ok for jumping on red. i say thats BS. looks like he has plenty of time to slow up. idk tho. hard to say unless your actual the one riding. but he also didnt see the checkered flag waving in his heat race. soooo
lightgate.jpg

Looked red to me and I wondered when RC said it wasn't. As for the race I think dungey needs poto to be on the ground to really get back into this. Poto needs to improve his starts and he will. I will be surprised if RD keeps winning or getting these starts. RV is clearly able to push faster and harder. Little more pressure and poto would have got him... at least its an actual battle...

Good ride for Cole, seems like he rode smart and in control. and what happened to to js7? seems like he caught up then faded back?

Back