Charmichael

John250

PR Founding Father
I wondered why RC was not in the nationwide race today. I thought he had a deal to race the whole Nationwide series this year. Looks like he got screwed over by the Busch brothers and Monster. Another reason not to root for the Busch brothers. He has been wearing a Monster pin on his lapel. I think if I were RC, I would ditch that. Gibbs should put RC in a car.

Carmichael; "Rug Pulled Out From Under" in KBM/Monster Energy deal: Multi-time AMA motocross and supercross champion-turned NASCAR driver Ricky Carmichael says he is uncertain of his plans for 2012, after sponsor Monster Energy elected to back brothers Kyle and Kurt Busch in a new NASCAR Nationwide Series effort. In an exclusive interview on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio's SiriusXM Speedway with Dave Moody, Carmichael said he initially was assured the Monster Energy sponsorship would remain with him in 2012, and that the 20 NASCAR Nationwide Series races announced yesterday for Kurt Busch were supposed to be his. "I had a handshake with the CEO of Monster Energy," revealed Carmichael. "But the weekend of Texas (Motor Speedway), it went away. We were good to go, but when Kyle had his issue (at Texas), it all went sideways." Carmichael said he believes his shot at retaining the Monster Energy sponsorship disappeared for good when Kurt Busch parted company with Penske Racing after the conclusion of the 2011 campaign. Gradually, Carmichael said he realized KBM was not the right place for him. Carmichael said he feared his image would suffer from signing with Busch, adding, "I had a feeling that if I went there, I would lose fans. I was afraid people would say, `I used to like Ricky Carmichael, but now I don't because he races for Kyle.' I felt it wasn't right for me. I need everything to be positive, and nothing negative. "I have no disrespect for Kyle Busch," insisted Carmichael. "He's a heck of a driver and he's going to win a lot of races. I haven't really come close to winning in NASCAR, so I've got no leg to stand on. I can't complain about the decision. (Kyle and I) just have a different way of racing." Carmichael said he maintains a friendly relationship with Monster Energy, and could continue with them in some capacity this season. "I have no issues with Monster whatsoever," he said. "I'll be a part of their family forever. I feel like I played a huge (role) in bringing Monster to NASCAR in the first place. They gave me the money and said, `Go find your best NASCAR deal.' We won two or three Supercross titles together, and two or three outdoor championships. They gave me some awesome opportunities over the years. I have nothing bad to say about them, they've been behind me 100% and always will be." The former supercross champion said that while he is trying to assemble a limited schedule of NASCAR racing for this season, his involvement will be "somewhat limited. It's tough when you get the rug pulled out from under you in late December," he said. "There's not much to fall back on. It's going to take some time to get things nailed down again, but hopefully, we can come back in 2013 and do it right. "Things happen for a reason," said Carmichael. "Hopefully, this will open up some other avenues for me." (Read complete article at Sirius-Speedway.com)(1-20-2012)

no wonder hes been riding so much more lately. i even saw a tweet about racing or something. took it as a joke, but never know i guess.

H&LL YES ! An RC comeback ! Get Reed , Canard , and a few others healthy and throw them all in the mix for outdoors and now we got a show . If only he could be convinced to do it on a 2-stroke !

I can't see RC coming out of retirement. He is to classy for that. He said he was done and I'm sure me meant it. Love to see him ride again, but I think going out on top and staying out is his best bet.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't try a three moto race in Vegas for a MIllion $.
I don't think that it would be out of the realm of possibilities. He seemed sincere last year when he said he considered entering it?
If nothing else he would have a blast and so would everyone else watching.

Jump on Reeds bike for the outdoors.......I think he would have a shot at the championship if he can run for 35 minutes. He will be back in a truck probably with someone on a limited schedule.

He was training met calf a couple weeks ago at the suzuki test track,At the end of the session they raced a 10 lap race....you know who won...RC...not saying met calf is a top tier rider...but he is fast and a fat RC beat him!

I agree with top 10. John no way Reed could afford his price tag...
Nascar teams did some shady things this year... RC losing his ride... then Dave Blaney having to give up his team points for the chica...

I would say it depends on what shape he is actually in.. if he can put in 30 min he has enough speed to get top 5 for sure and i have seen plenty of fat guys ride fast for a lone duration lol

Back